The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Community Information > Festivals of Eagles, Birds and Nature
 2014 Eagle Watch, Sheffield Mills, Nova Scotia
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Sunday, January 29 2017 @ 08:48 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Hi Sue..... Your pictures are wonderful. I would love to see them some year ...

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: SueD (offline) on Monday, January 30 2017 @ 12:55 PM EST  
SueD

Quote by: IrishEyes

Thank you, Bev! It was an odd sighting this year. There were fewer eagles out Saturday morning than I've ever seen at previous festivals. On Sunday, there were more of them (and they more vocal than I've ever heard them before, constantly calling out and trilling), but while we were there both days they made no move for the chicken carcasses that had been tossed out for them on the field. Sunday morning a festival representative told the very large crowd that on Saturday, children and dogs were running around outside the viewing area, which made the eagles reluctant to come down from the trees, so he urged people to stay quiet and monitor their children and dogs. Unfortunately, after he left, the same kind of thing thing happened. People were moving out beyond the viewing area, and children were running around with what seemed to be little in the way of parental supervision. People walked right up to the trees where the eagles were, flushing them out. I think it may reach a point where the festival organizers need to do more than post signs and pylons. They may need to rope off the viewing area and have a festival representative there at all times.

aka byline ~ 2012

Forum

Nova Scotia, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Monday, January 30 2017 @ 07:34 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Quote by: SueD

Quote by: IrishEyes

Thank you, Bev! It was an odd sighting this year. There were fewer eagles out Saturday morning than I've ever seen at previous festivals. On Sunday, there were more of them (and they more vocal than I've ever heard them before, constantly calling out and trilling), but while we were there both days they made no move for the chicken carcasses that had been tossed out for them on the field. Sunday morning a festival representative told the very large crowd that on Saturday, children and dogs were running around outside the viewing area, which made the eagles reluctant to come down from the trees, so he urged people to stay quiet and monitor their children and dogs. Unfortunately, after he left, the same kind of thing thing happened. People were moving out beyond the viewing area, and children were running around with what seemed to be little in the way of parental supervision. People walked right up to the trees where the eagles were, flushing them out. I think it may reach a point where the festival organizers need to do more than post signs and pylons. They may need to rope off the viewing area and have a festival representative there at all times.

You are welcome Sue ! and I understand and agree with what you are saying....

We intended to go down this Saturday.... But that is to possible now... maybe next year God willing .

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: SueD (offline) on Monday, February 20 2017 @ 11:22 AM EST  
SueD

Video with fabulous photos of the eagles at Sheffield Mills; clearly we went on the wrong weekend, LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTmOwvr1hQc

aka byline ~ 2012

Forum

Nova Scotia, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Monday, February 20 2017 @ 11:29 AM EST  
IrishEyes

Quote by: SueD

Video with fabulous photos of the eagles at Sheffield Mills; clearly we went on the wrong weekend, LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTmOwvr1hQc

WOW! Wonderful video Sue .. thanks for posting it here.... and thanks to you Peter Tilley for capturing so many beautiful eagles .. amazing ... WOW!

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 01:23 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate