Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Community Information > Festivals of Eagles, Birds and Nature
 2013 Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival
 |  Printable Version
By: lakegirl45 (offline) on Monday, December 30 2013 @ 03:41 PM EST  
lakegirl45

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading David's "Eagles, eagles, eagles." It was an excellent wrap-up of the festival, which I hope to attend next year. Have the dates been decided for next year's festival? Just wondering, because I'm pretty sure I know where I want to stay and have a feeling rooms will go fast! I'm currently actively watching the Southwest Florida Eagle Cam at Fort Myers but dropping in from time to time to see what's up (or rather, who's up) at White Rock.

We're very fortunate to have a pair of eagles return to the nest they built three years ago on the south side of Dewart Lake near Syracuse in North Central Indiana. The people of the area are very protective of the nest tree, which is on private property and down a private drive. The parents have successfully raised three eaglets, one the first year and two last year.

Thanks again for all you do.

Sara

Forum

Syracuse, Indiana

Profile Email   PM

By: gemini (offline) on Monday, December 30 2013 @ 06:52 PM EST  
gemini

Hi lakegirl! Although I can't find anything official on-line yet, the Festival has been held on the third weekend of November for a number of years now. I did find a blurb with the dates of the boat tours for the festival in 2014 here:

2014 Boat Tours** (scroll half way down the page)

Added: ** It looks like this is a work in progress as some dates are for 2013 and some for 2014.

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Debs (offline) on Friday, January 31 2014 @ 09:53 PM EST  
Debs

Evening Friends wave

Our HWF Adopt a Nest 2014 Fundraiser & Challenge is now underway and we need your help.

Last year was the first year for our Adopt a Nest fundraiser and our members adopted a total of 20 HWF nests, which was a fantastic first effort!

Our goal is to break this "first record" and with your support we can do it.

For More Information just click on the Meet The Families Collage and it will take you to the page that outlines the Adopt a Nest donation program or simply pick your favorite

HWF Nest & Family then call 1-800-938-1114 (weekdays only) with your payment option and specify the nest you are adopting.

HWF accepts single or reoccurring contributions in any amount for those members that prefer this option. So many ways you can help.

Become a HWF Supporter and together ... branch by branch ... we will make a difference and keep the HWF cams streaming

Meet the HWF Families Wub

Now Lets Make this Fundraiser the Best Ever ~ Adopt Your Favorite Nest Today

Thanks in advance for your continued support Thank You

May you enjoy all of the simple "pleasures or gifts" that surround you.
Let your spirit soar!

To light a Candle for a loved one or friend right click on the link that follows and copy to your browser
http://light-candle.com/collections/view/33353/success

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: TEF (offline) on Monday, September 01 2014 @ 06:02 PM EDT  
TEF

Hi everyone

My sister and I will be coming to the festival in November. It's her first time out west and I'm the tour guide so I'm trying to plan out a bunch of trips, including the one in Harrison Mills, of course. I am wondering, we are planning to come to Vancouver on the Thursday, then drive to Harrison Mills on Friday and stay through Monday. Are we allowed to go to the gazebo by the golf course on the Friday and Monday or is it only available during the weekends? I know it's a golf course so I am not sure what the rules are.

Also, I've emailed Jo-Anne but was wondering if there are boat tours during the week or only on the weekends?

Toronto Eagle Fan aka Lee

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Monday, September 01 2014 @ 08:27 PM EDT  
karenbills

Hi Lee. I just emailed you with the answers you are seeking. I've asked Sharon to start the new thread for FVBEF 2014 and she can transfer your post over there.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

All times are EST. The time is now 12:31 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate