The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Community Information > Festivals of Eagles, Birds and Nature
 Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival
 |  Printable Version
By: gemini (offline) on Monday, November 22 2010 @ 05:34 AM EST  
gemini

Thanks everyone for the pics and videos! You are all such brave souls to brave the cold and wind! Left thumb upClapping

A special thanks Thank You to Larry (urbanEagle) for meeting us on Friday night to give us a hand at setting up the HWF display table and arriving in the hall at closing on Sunday to help us dismantle! (He got to climb up on the table to hang and remove the pics on the wall! David couldn’t because of his knee and it’s not exactly my forte either! Rolling on floor laughing )

A special thanks to Thank You Darlene (lovethebabies) for stepping in and manning the HWF table on Saturday as there was an unexpected last minute change in the “workforce”! Thanks Thank You also to Ellen (our own wildorcaimages) and Mary (David’s other half) for stepping in and giving me a hand on Sunday. We didn’t get to see the Sitting eagle but it was almost worth it just to be snug and warm in the hall manning the display table! Mug of coffee There were lots of visitors to our table and we gave away all our brochures, sold a few calendars and a book or two! And talked, and talked and talked up HWF and our cams!! Phew

Three new nests were identified in the Fraser Valley Regional area and “pinned” on David's map by local eagle watchers! Very Happy Hopefully they will tune into our cams and join the forum with further information and some pictures in the new season. Smile Identifying new nests was particularly exciting for me as I now have 3 new sites to explore! All and all it appeared to be a successful day! Clapping

For those of you interested, here are a couple of pics of the table.

The display table (and Ellen peeking out from the corner!)

Click on image to download

The 2010 picture project in keeping with the Fesitival theme “WE ARE ALL CONNECTED” (Pictures are of
nests in the GVRD and the FVRD for visitors to identify with and locate on the map!)
Thanks to all the contributers and Terry (terrytvgal) for helping me put it together!

Karenb and Mary talking to a couple of “visitors” with Ellen looking on!

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Marg (offline) on Monday, November 22 2010 @ 09:34 AM EST  
Marg

Hi Gemini thank you and thanks to all involved in the HW display, you did a great job! Clapping
I'm sure everyone enjoyed the display and the eagles!

Enjoyed your pictures Larry, Jo-Anne and Soph9 we are familiar with that camera that's what we have.GrinNodding yes

Marg

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: cindymorris (offline) on Monday, November 22 2010 @ 02:36 PM EST  
cindymorris

Hello to everyone!

I attended the FVBEF this past weekend, with my husband in tow! Despite the frigid cold, we did get to see some eagles feeding on the dead fish in the river, and saw hundreds of them soaring around up high and on the far bank of the river with the binoculars and spotting scopes.

It was nice to see a few people from the forum, as well as Karen B, David and Darlene whom we met last year. Smile

It was certainly cold and windyOh My, but we are so glad that we ventured up to see the eagles again...Sitting eagle

Now we are snowed in here at home,:dry: in the only area that had to actually close their schools this morning due to road conditions....hmmmmm.....guess we brought all that cold weather back south with us!

Thanks again Thank YouThank Youto you that work so hard for HWF and with the support of the FVBEF!

Resolve to be tender with the young;
Compassionate with the aged;Sympathetic with the striving;
And tolerant of the weak and wrong.
Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Have a wonderful day!
Cindy AKA - kringlecat

Forum

Pacific Northwest

Profile Email   PM

By: edkeagle (offline) on Monday, November 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM EST  
edkeagle

Soph 9: Thanks for sharing your photos and video from the festival. Could not make it to the festival this year because of the weather. The major roads are OK, but too much ice on the backroads near where we live. Hope to get up that way when the weather improves.

Sharon: I wish we could have been there to view the exhibits. You and all the others put in a lot of hard work. Will you be displaying this again at any other events?

Jo-Anne and Urban Eagle: Also enjoyed your photos. Will you be posting more on this thread?

First you must follow before you lead.

--Ed K.
Blaine, Washington

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: fraserriversafar (offline) on Monday, November 22 2010 @ 10:42 PM EST  
fraserriversafar

Hello all,

We had a lot of fun this year as you may have read, but we made it and enjoyed a fabulous festival despite mother nature's bag of tricks. It was great to meet you Deb and appreciate the feedback. Hi Ed, didn't take too many pictures to date, busy holding off the wind. Will try tomorrow and Wednesday, the tours will be at a slower pace. Hey Soph, how are you doing?? Well thank you to all for coming out this year and taking part in the event and helping out. And by the way it was great to see the pics of Le'q:amel, it looks fun. Thank You Jo & Rob (FRS)

NOTE: edited by terry to resize photo for the forum. click to enlarge!

Jo-Anne Chadwick
Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival Nov 20-21,2010
www.fraserriversafari.com

Forum

Profile Email Website PM

By: urban Eagle (offline) on Tuesday, November 23 2010 @ 12:04 PM EST  
urban Eagle

wave Sharon ,no thank you for all your hard work and all the rest of the HWF members who helped make the festival a success.
Nancy and Debs It was so nice to meet you both.Thank you for such a beutiful calenderClappingLeft thumb up
Ed:hello:Sorry you couldn't make it but was nice to have meet you at Fledge fest.
A speacil thanks to O.W.L for bring out SONSIE hes a handsome boy and likes his picture taken(heres a few)
Sat @ Tapadera
And as per usual will have to make one or two more post of some of the 285pic's I took(thank you digital) could never do this on film...Phew

LarrySitting eagle

May the Sun be at your back,and an Eagle in front of your lens.
Forum

Mission

Profile Email   PM

By: Debs (offline) on Tuesday, November 23 2010 @ 12:11 PM EST  
Debs

Morning Everyone :hello:

Another article in the Vancouver Sun yesterday

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Bald+e ... story.html

Sharon :hello: Thanks for the report and pictures of the booth. I did stop by the booth late on Saturday afternoon and I finally got to meet Darlene after all this time!!

Darlene :hello: It was great meeting finally face to face after years of corresponding here at HWF Left thumb up Grin!

Larry :hello: Great captures and it was awesome meeting you too! I think next year FVBEF will be even better Clapping!

Joanne :hello: you and Rob are fantastic hosts and I am counting the sleeps till I can take that river tour againThank You for your hospitality ClappingClappingClapping
Love the banner capture that is fantastic Left thumb up!

Soph :hello: I am so sorry we did not meet up. Next year we will have to have a scheduled time where we can all gather for coffee or lunch to ensure we all connect at one place!

Darlene and Debs Grin at the HWF booth on November 20

May you enjoy all of the simple "pleasures or gifts" that surround you.
Let your spirit soar!

To light a Candle for a loved one or friend right click on the link that follows and copy to your browser
http://light-candle.com/collections/view/33353/success

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: Debs (offline) on Tuesday, November 23 2010 @ 12:11 PM EST  
Debs

Now for some pictures!

The wind and waves were so bad in the morning the boat could not make it over to us the usual way....Green LOL

So after a bit of a late start the "dory" left the beach with a bunch of happy campers Grin

Joanne Chadwick Coordinator of the Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival and co-owner of the Fraser River Safarai Tours

David Hancock doing what he does best....educating us Grin

May you enjoy all of the simple "pleasures or gifts" that surround you.
Let your spirit soar!

To light a Candle for a loved one or friend right click on the link that follows and copy to your browser
http://light-candle.com/collections/view/33353/success

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 09:19 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate