Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Rules, Guidelines and Etiquette
 Posting Copyrighted Material is Prohibited
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, February 09 2012 @ 10:24 AM EST  
JudyB

I got the same message when I brought up the Maine cam on UStream this morning, so I'm guessing it's something UStream does from time to time. I rarely use the Chat there, though I do pay a modest amount for a premium account so I can watch without being interrupted by ads.

I don't think it's aimed at particular people - but suppose it may pop up at different intervals based on when you registered or something.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Thursday, February 09 2012 @ 10:38 AM EST  
golden1

Thank You Judy B.

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Thursday, February 09 2012 @ 06:35 PM EST  
yalitldevl

reply to my email inquiry regarding the USFWS National Digital Library images....this is a person there I've had contact with over a year

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:11 PM, <Pepper_Trail@fws.gov> wrote:
Hi Lori,

Yes, these National Digital Libraryphotos are copyright-free and available to the public.

Sounds like exciting times with those two females at one nest! I've never heard of that before.

Pepper W. Trail
Senior Forensic Scientist / Ornithologist
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Forensics Laboratory
1490 East Main Street
Ashland, OR 97520

http://digitalmedia.fws.gov/

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Friday, February 10 2012 @ 01:54 PM EST  
MaryF

Hi JudyB, I contacted Laurence Briggs who is the teacher in charge of the Eagles4Kids nest cam. Here is my little note and his quick reply.

My note:

Hi, I love watching Lucy+Larry! Y'all do a great job with this cam. My problem is that I don't see any place to contact you or a Terms of use policy. I moderate a thread for your cam on a large, not for profit foundation's wildlife forum and I want to make sure that I'm posting things correctly...HELP!!
Thanks, Mary

His very quick reply:

Thanks, Mary for your post. Please feel free to post anything you would like. We really have not thought about that end of things. In fact, all we want is to spread the word. What forum are you on? You can reach us at eagles4kids@gmail.com if you need additional information.

So we are good to go on this cam for sure!! Very Happy Cheers

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Saturday, February 11 2012 @ 11:58 AM EST  
yalitldevl

Since the link in my signature lands here I thought putting some obvious infractions that I've been seeing a lot of would be an ok idea.

Sport Team Logos and all "Brands" are definately copyrighted and should not be used or posted. Along with Disney characters, cartoons, comic strips, known personalities past and present....and on and on.

There are a maybe a handful of exceptions but rather than have to work on this and monitor it forever, it's best to stick with not using them

(I ran this by Judyb before posting)

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, February 13 2012 @ 12:02 PM EST  
JudyB

Norfolk Botanical Garden, Virginia - Bald Eagle Cam
Guidelines for use of images, taken from the opening post of the 2012 thread

Added by JudyB:
There are a number of pictures of the eagles posted by the photographers at the Norfolk Botanical Garden - they post in the Norfolk forum - link. Please note that it's OK to post a description and/or a link to one of their pictures there, but they are all copyrighted and may not be posted here without the express permission of the photographer. Thanks!

Added by JudyB - February 7, 2012
I just got the following requirements for posting screen captures - Thanks, Shoebutton - and thanks to WVEC and NBG!

Hancock Forum - great coverage on the NBG Eagles! Glad to see y'all are enjoying this season. I need to ask all of you to do the following on your screen captures - Source Norfolk Botanical Garden: You may use the images for personal use, but all rights are owned by the partnership of WVEC and NBG. there is a copyright symbol at the bottom of the page. When using any screen capture please do not remove the timestamp/cam information. Thank you everyone. I hope to see you on the moderated blog! Regards, NBG Moderator Shoebutton

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Thursday, February 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM EST  
yalitldevl

can somebody post instructions again please for posting a card with code?? 4 cracks at it and blew it everytime Green LOL

Do I have to post a 'comment' before I can just copy the code?

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, February 17 2012 @ 06:36 AM EST  
JudyB

If you look at all the code choices, at least some of the sites will suggest the code to use for forums, as shown below (courtesy of dazzlejunction)

Click on image to download

So all you need to do is copy the code in the box for forums, and paste it in your post - like so:

If you use the "quote" button on my post, you can see what it looks like.

If none of the versions of the code say they are specifically for forums, the general pattern is to have URL tags on the outside (which takes you to their website if you click the graphic), with IMG tags inside to show the graphic.

We'll probably need to add the sites that are used most often to the spam whitelist - if you get a message that the forum software detected spam and won't let you post, please let me, jkr, Pat B or gemini know, and we'll add it to the list.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:12 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate