https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Other Birds and Wildlife > Other Wildlife
 Backyard Critters
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Birdsie () on Sunday, May 16 2010 @ 12:50 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Birdsie

wave Hi Pat--precious deer! How do they manage to navigate those stones in the creek?

They look quite healthy and well fed--it looks like they are whitetails--with that white "flag" of a bushy tail. What fun for you!

By: Anonymous: parrotlady1 () on Sunday, May 16 2010 @ 06:07 PM EDT  
Anonymous: parrotlady1

This Mother's Day I was hoping for a little miracle. Since my husbands passing in Feb. I felt like I needed a special lift..he was always so kind and giving and would never forget an occasion to shower me with gifts.
I thought now wouldn't it be something if I looked up and saw an eagle here in Orange County, Ca..and they have been spotted.
Lol..that didn't happen..but the blue bird house my husband put up years ago for the first time had ma and pa blue bird building a nest! I was and am still stunned..my miracle did indeed arrive and I have the joy of watching them every day!!

I tried posting the pics..shrunk them down to 400 pixels but It doesnt look like they will post with a red "X'" after each attachment..whats the secret on this new forum..lol..??

Oh I see..they are not embedded in the message..huh???

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Sunday, May 16 2010 @ 08:35 PM EDT  
Anonymous: CAL04

Quote by: parrotlady1

This Mother's Day I was hoping for a little miracle. Since my husbands passing in Feb. I felt like I needed a special lift..he was always so kind and giving and would never forget an occasion to shower me with gifts.
I thought now wouldn't it be something if I looked up and saw an eagle here in Orange County, Ca..and they have been spotted.
Lol..that didn't happen..but the blue bird house my husband put up years ago for the first time had ma and pa blue bird building a nest! I was and am still stunned..my miracle did indeed arrive and I have the joy of watching them every day!!

I tried posting the pics..shrunk them down to 400 pixels but It doesnt look like they will post with a red "X'" after each attachment..whats the secret on this new forum..lol..??

Oh I see..they are not embedded in the message..huh???

wave parrotlady, Thank you for sharing your miracle with us. Grin
Hope you do not mind that I am uploading your late Husband's bird house and your blue bird miracle pictures for you. These are very special pictures.
Click on image to download Click on image to download Click on image to download

parrotlady, If you care to read, the instructions for uploading files are here:
forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=6&lastpost=true#6

By: edkeagle (offline) on Monday, May 17 2010 @ 05:23 PM EDT  
edkeagle

Parrot Lady: Sorry for your loss, but what a wonderful tribute. Also thanks to CAL04.

First you must follow before you lead.

--Ed K.
Blaine, Washington

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: edkeagle (offline) on Monday, May 17 2010 @ 05:26 PM EDT  
edkeagle

I have a spotting scope in our kitchen thatís pointed to this snag tree, which is a popular spot for eagles (see post 3-15-10). This immature spent about an hour atop the tree on 5-14-10 taking in the view. Clickables

Click on image to download

--Ed K.
Blaine, Washington

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: edkeagle (offline) on Monday, May 17 2010 @ 05:29 PM EDT  
edkeagle

Northern Flicker, 5-16-10. It was near dusk when I took these photos of what I believe is a Northern Flicker. This bird was foraging on the ground and it has a speckled backside; both characteristics of the flicker. Clickables

--Ed K.
Blaine, Washington

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: parrotlady1 () on Monday, May 17 2010 @ 10:29 PM EDT  
Anonymous: parrotlady1

Thank you for the sentiments ca04 and Ed..it has been tough but I'm trying to surround myself with the nature we both loved!
Thank you for posting the pictures..I did read the instructions..very easy..now I knowRoll eyes

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Monday, May 17 2010 @ 11:15 PM EDT  
Anonymous: CAL04

Quote by: parrotlady1

Thank you for the sentiments ca04 and Ed..it has been tough but I'm trying to surround myself with the nature we both loved!
Thank you for posting the pictures..I did read the instructions..very easy..now I know

Good for you, parrotlady1! Sure hope we see more of your pictures on this thread. Grin

Ed and all who post to this thread, thank you! Enjoy coming here because it is so very personal that you ALL are willing to share your own backyard with us. Grin

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:45 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate