See You There!

Forum Index > Other Birds and Wildlife > Other Wildlife
 USeeWildlife Live Cams
 |  Printable Version
By: eiguoc (offline) on Friday, March 12 2010 @ 03:17 PM EST  
eiguoc

The golden eagle is back again, Maybe
Click on image to download
A yearling approaching second year molt.

Pat=photographer & cat mom
Pardon my shortening memory
Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: eiguoc (offline) on Monday, March 15 2010 @ 06:50 AM EDT  
eiguoc

Golden eagle from Sunday

Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: eiguoc (offline) on Saturday, March 20 2010 @ 08:23 AM EDT  
eiguoc

From Deer run
Some antlerless white bucks with Polly the skewbald deer standing in between
A lot of the deer look worse for wear, like chunks of fur has been ripped of, This is caused by shedding or molting of winter fur

Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: eiguoc (offline) on Monday, March 29 2010 @ 01:52 PM EDT  
eiguoc

March 22 , which is about 3-4 weeks earlier than the first sighting last year, this bear showed up a Dogwood Mt>They " believe this one is a 3rd year Bear. It appears to be one of the twins cubs we've seen over the past two years. We spotted at least 25 separate Bears last season. They are all wild Black Bears in the Ozark Mountains."

Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: eiguoc (offline) on Monday, April 19 2010 @ 01:24 PM EDT  
eiguoc

For those who didn't want to pay
"Hi folks. This is Bob, founder of USW. I don’t post a lot mainly because I’m still a little “keyboard challenged”. Smile But I am getting better. First, I want to thank each and every member for helping us to deliver the live streams to your home and others around the world over the past year. Without your support, we clearly would not been able to do it. We have been blessed to see some amazing things over the past year. I can also tell you that receiving the wonderful feedback and stories of how USW has had an impact in your life has truly been inspiring to us. We want more than ever to continue delivering this and more over the years to come. Each and every staff member is excited as I am to make this happen.
I wanted to let you know about upcoming plans for USW. We have always had a desire to offer the streams for free viewing to the world, but had to rely on the original model to get us where we are today. We are now at the phase where offering it for free to the viewers is a reality.
No, that doesn’t mean that we don’t still have the costs for cameras, paid cam operators, streaming costs, website hosting and development costs, and enormous feed costs just to name a few. It also doesn’t mean that we’re out of the woods yet. It just means that we are now at a point where we believe we can rely on ad revenue to support the site. Our hope is that by going free to our viewers, that more will be able to come and enjoy the wildlife viewing experience. More viewers will in turn allow for more ad revenue for allowing this to continue and for bringing on more cams and changes to the site.
It will take us a bit to modify the website, but until then we will be making each 3-day sign-up a permanent account. We would like to thank you in advance for helping us to spread the word. I am attempting to answer some questions that might arise from this below. I ask that if you have a question not listed below that you send us an e-mail tostaff@useewildlife.com " rel="nofollow"> staff@useewildlife.com and we will answer you personally and then add the questions and response to this post.
Thank you all once again for everything you have done to make USW what it is today. We are sincerely glad you are here.
Questions?
Does this mean that the site will get cluttered with ads? No, our goal still stands to keep the site classy and not what we term “junked up” with ads. Most of what you see already will remain. A lot of great website changes will be coming but we will always focus on delivering a high quality site that is centered on the wildlife. We of course do encourage you to check out our advertisers if you see something that interests you.
Does this mean you no longer need help? By no means. We still have the costs for cameras, paid cam operators, streaming costs, website hosting and development costs, just to name a few. It only means we are working to get these costs offset by ad revenue. We still have a need for habitat improvement projects as well as enormous feed costs support. If you have a desire to help, please feel free to contact us directly. Until changes can be made to the site, an easy way to contribute is by using the membership payment process since the payment structure will not change until the site changes can be made.
I paid $20 to be a member. What does that mean for me? You mean the world to us. You were responsible for helping USW make it this far. You have helped make USW what it is today. You’ve also helped considerably to support the wildlife as well. While we sincerely appreciate your support our goal is not to slight anyone along the way as we change to make it free for people to view it. If you would like a refund please contact us directly at staff@useewildlife.com.
Will anyone be able to post in the comments box? Anyone will be able to watch the live streams, but only registered members will be able to post comments in the comments box or on the Forum. We will also include in our development the ability to assign moderators to help keep comments in order. This is your website as well and we want to keep it a family friendly and wildlife focused site.
When will the website changes be coming? We will begin making the 3-day trial accounts permanent accounts right away, but will be making site changes as quickly as we can. There is no set date yet as it will involve significant coding changes and costs. We will be making them as quickly as we are able.
Are you still planning to add new cams? Absolutely. Our goal has not changed in that we intend to deliver live streams of wildlife from around the world. Some of the new cams will be purchased and setup solely by USW. Others will be provided by other entities/partners using one of the cam network programs that we offer. We have programs for individuals or entities with existing cams, as well as programs for individuals or entities wanting to put in a new cam. We can even offer revenue opportunities for each program. Please contact us at staff@useewildllife.com for any serious inquires about the cam programs."
I'll post updates when things are happening

Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: eiguoc (offline) on Tuesday, April 20 2010 @ 09:28 AM EDT  
eiguoc

Just because he's so darned cute

Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: eiguoc (offline) on Wednesday, April 21 2010 @ 06:03 AM EDT  
eiguoc

it is free today. We are modifying all new 3-day sign-ups to a permanent account right now. Eventually we will have the changes on the site to reflect it, but for now we are just modifying accounts. We will continue modifying existing accounts until all accounts are updated, but it may take a bit. If anyone reading this has an account that is no longer active, please shoot us an e-mail to staff@useewildlife.com and we'll get it modified right away.

We are also working on the search engine optimization, but it is a challenging thing.

Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: eiguoc (offline) on Wednesday, April 21 2010 @ 04:21 PM EDT  
eiguoc

A bear showed up at Upper Springs in the day time, finally

Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:37 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate