Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Other Birds and Wildlife > Other Wildlife
 Other Wildlife Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: elle (offline) on Saturday, May 14 2011 @ 12:57 AM EDT  
elle

Gotta stop sometime. I have way too many to post all of them. Last one of a rather large stingray. They scared me at first and then I just learned to respect them . They won't deliberately sting you, you just have to be careful not to step on them or intimidate them in any way. Ditto the nurse sharks. They are actually quite friendly and as curious about us as we are of them. The barracudas? I got well out of their way as fast as I could.
Click on image to download

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Saturday, May 14 2011 @ 01:07 AM EDT  
elle

Here I am looking pretty wild myself after a long day snorkelling. We did 2 - 1/2 day trips to the reef and 1 full day to the Marine Reserve at Hol Chan. We saw loggerhead turtles and eagle rays there. I didn't even know eagle rays existed. They are the most beautiful, graceful marine creature I have ever seen. I didn't get a picture because my underwater camera filled with salt water and that was the end of that! Missed another trip in Placencia due to gale force winds and torrential rain. That only lasted one night and part of the next day but was enough to cancel the boat trip to the Caye, unfortunately and we were leaving the next day, so, twasn't meant to be. Enforced R & R.

More tomorrow.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: davidrodes () on Saturday, May 14 2011 @ 02:48 AM EDT  
Anonymous: davidrodes

Hi,
Awesome shots...Thanks for the information regarding the wildlife safari.. If you are looking for the Africa safari then there is a best place where all the Africa safari information is available in wide range with best offer.. ..

By: Marg (offline) on Saturday, May 14 2011 @ 09:34 AM EDT  
Marg

What a wonderful trip you and Ian had Lynda the photos are fantastic!Clapping
You are braver than me swimming with them!
:hello:

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Saturday, May 14 2011 @ 11:00 AM EDT  
elle

Hello davidrodes and welcome. I didn't mention anything about an African Safari as much as I would love to do one. A friend did one recently and had a wonderful experience.The forest cabana where we stayed at the Tropical Education Centre looked and felt very much like what I think it would be like in Africa, though. Sorry if I confused you.
Thanks also Sunny. The sharks and rays where we snorkelled are used to humans and are quite docile. It was still scary though to have 20 of them swimming around your feet. They just glide by and are so graceful but they do have nasty stingers and will use them. You may have noticed we weren't allowed to wear our flippers in that area. A friend gave me a retirement gift and card and she wrote' be brave and fearless'. Well, I'm working on it and some of the adventures in Belize have me well on my way to get out of the safe rut and live a little. I met many women who travel alone all over the world. Now that takes gumption. I plan to travel with other women to places where Ian doesn't want to go.
I would have more pictures if my waterproof camera hadn't been faulty. Such a huge disappointment.
I will post some pictures from the zoo later..........today I have back to back 2 hour training sessions at WildArc and another one tomorrow in preparation for my future volunteer work there. Wish me well!!

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Birdsie () on Saturday, May 14 2011 @ 02:58 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Birdsie

Fantastic pictures, elle! great color, too!

Congratulations on your training at WildArc, too! You are very brave!

By: Diana-gogee (offline) on Saturday, May 14 2011 @ 08:01 PM EDT  
Diana-gogee

Beautiful pictures Elle Left thumb up Thanks for sharing them with us.
Good luck at the WildArc.fingers crossed

We shall overcome and I believe in miracles!

DIANA
Toronto, CANADA

Forum

Toronto

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Saturday, May 14 2011 @ 10:36 PM EDT  
elle

Thanks everyone. It is wonderful for me and Ian to relive our experience with you through these photos. It was an adventure of a lifetime for us and I just spoke with my brother in Quebec where I am heading for 3 weeks in June and told him I would return to Belize in a heartbeat. But there are so many other places to see and more adventures to experience and so little time!
I leave you with this last under the sea photo of my departure from Neptune's wondrous Caribbean domain and then I will take you for a brief visit to the Belize Zoo and I may also have other wild birdie pix. Let me check before I say " Roger and goodnight".

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:24 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate