https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Other Birds and Wildlife > Bears
 Grizzly, Black and Brown Bear -- General Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Saturday, June 18 2016 @ 07:02 PM EDT  
elainemyrkle

Just in case anyone is interested, the Bear Cam that Pat B mentioned above is now on. From what was mentioned the Salmon are just starting to run, but not in full force. I've only seen a few leap. Got this picture today.
Click on image to download

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Thursday, June 23 2016 @ 12:37 PM EDT  
elainemyrkle

Action is picking up. Seeing more fish and more bear.

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Monday, June 27 2016 @ 11:15 AM EDT  
elainemyrkle

Pretty Morning Lighting.

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: edkeagle (offline) on Monday, June 27 2016 @ 05:22 PM EDT  
edkeagle

Elaine: Amazingly sharp photos from a cam. Looks like you were there. -- Ed

First you must follow before you lead.

--Ed K.
Blaine, Washington

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Saturday, July 09 2016 @ 08:31 AM EDT  
elainemyrkle

Hi Ed,
Well since my little Beulah eaglets have both fledged, I have been watching these amazing bears on explore.org. I have found this very interesting as I watch the brook falls cam and am learning a lot about the brown bears of Alaska. They're are so many different bears with names and numbers that people call them. Some are more dominate than others. Some catch their fish by different methods and different spots in the falls. The people that comment on them seem very nice also. The nice part is that no one will be hunting these bears. They do have fights with each other that causes some wounds but they seem to heal quite well. Most of the time they seem quite tolerant of one another as they know their place and know who's more dominate than themselves. I've also enjoyed the chats that the rangers have had to help me understand the bears more. Here's another picture that I took.

And here's one of my favorite bears to watch. He's not the most dominate bear as he is older now, but I love his coloring and bent ear. Not the best clear picture though. His name is Otis.

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Sunday, July 10 2016 @ 12:22 PM EDT  
elainemyrkle

This Mama on the falls has two cubs. One of them keeps going out by her while she's fishing. Makes everyone a little nervous as the falls are quite powerful. This is the second time I've seen this little one go up and grab the fish from Mama. Such a little stinker.

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Monday, July 11 2016 @ 12:09 PM EDT  
elainemyrkle

It was such a beautiful morning at Katmia.

And wouldn't you just know that both little ones fell off the falls yesterday. I wish I could post a video. This picture shows Momma rushing down to get the one that fell in while her other cub waits on the left hand side. Boy, Momma sure can move fast when the situation called for it.

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:48 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate