Pat=photographer & cat mom
Pardon my shortening memory
Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Skipper () on Tuesday, August 30 2011 @ 12:35 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Skipper

It's dark now and they found a Lesser Bushbaby "buried" in the trees :-)

I'm off to my hair appointment now. I hope to go on the morning drive with Tara (for new viewers, it starts at 6:30 a.m. Central African Time which is 12:30 a.m. Ontario Canada time). Hope to see you then!

wave

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Tuesday, August 30 2011 @ 05:27 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

It's so wonderful to see this thread coming back to life! I wonder if we could persuade the presenters to stop in once in while to comment our efforts.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Skipper () on Tuesday, August 30 2011 @ 08:41 PM EDT  

Hi Terry :hello: It would be nice if the presenters would "pop in" but I think that they're pretty busy now that there's only three of them on staff. But you never know! Wink

This is a link to a short video that I did of Mvula "sawing" (that's what a leopard vocalization is called). It's on the public Facebook page for Djuma so it should work for everyone:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1989466331591

Edited to add:

Darn Faint - it doesn't work. Hmmm--I'll see if I can figure something else out.

Try this and scroll down until you see the video:

http://www.facebook.com/djuma.game.rese ... l&filter=1

I've been trying to get the webmaster of the WildEarth player/viewer to fix the urls for the video marks -- but so far, no reply and no fix :-( The video marks generate a url but it takes you back to the player, not the video mark sigh sign

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Wednesday, August 31 2011 @ 12:39 AM EDT  
terrytvgal

Wednesday August 31, 06:30 Safari

Tara Presenting Seb. on camera.

visit to the Gowrie Gang... 2 adults and 2? 3? kids.

I'll look in again later...

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Skipper () on Wednesday, August 31 2011 @ 12:49 AM EDT  

Hi Terry wave

Tara said that Tankman, the baboon troupe leader, was deathly ill so the vets at Djuma euthanized him :cry1: and that one of the females of the troupe, LB, is pregnant. I think it was LB that has lost two of her previous babies :-(

They're having a bit of trouble with the signal from the Ganda today (for the newbies, the Ganda is the name of the Landrover). They've tried fiddling with the antennae at the back of the ganda and rebooting the system but still it's a stop/start stream. Oh well--this happens sometimes because they are broadcasting from a moving vehicle in the middle of nowhere in the African bush!!!

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Wednesday, August 31 2011 @ 01:27 AM EDT  
terrytvgal

Quote by: Skipper

Hi Terry wave

Tara said that Tankman, the baboon troupe leader, was deathly ill so the vets at Djuma euthanized him :cry1: and that one of the females of the troupe, LB, is pregnant. I think it was LB that has lost two of her previous babies :-(

They're having a bit of trouble with the signal from the Ganda today (for the newbies, the Ganda is the name of the Landrover). They've tried fiddling with the antennae at the back of the ganda and rebooting the system but still it's a stop/start stream. Oh well--this happens sometimes because they are broadcasting from a moving vehicle in the middle of nowhere in the African bush!!!

How sad about Tankman and LB, Skipper. I really don't know anything at all about the Gowrie Gang

Too bad about the signal. It's so frustrating to watch and I bet it's 10x worse out there on the Ganda knowing people are trying to watch an 'iffy' signal.

Edit: went over to read the GG FB page... almost wish I hadn't SO sad sad

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Skipper () on Wednesday, August 31 2011 @ 01:45 AM EDT  

I don't know a whole lot about the Gowrie Gang but, from what I know of, I know that their history is pretty sad SadThere's been a researcher named Graham who has been following them for over 10 years.

Well--we haven't seen many animals at all so far on the drive (we did see some birds in a tree) but I didn't catch what kind of bird they were.

Someone asked Tara what kind of animal she would like to be and she said she would like to be a Fork-tailed Drongo!! And she wouldn't want to be a leopard because she likes to eat regularly Titter

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:44 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate