The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other Eagle Pictures and Observations
 Eagle Pictures from Across the Land
 |  Printable Version
By: edkeagle (offline) on Wednesday, September 15 2010 @ 05:34 PM EDT  
edkeagle

Hello Kay: I spotted a mature yesterday (9-14-10) on a branch near the Birch Bay nest, but I couldn't tell if it was one of the matures who had been there all summer. I have seen no eagles on the Semiahmoo Spit in the past month, which pretty much tells me they've headed north for the salmon runs.

First you must follow before you lead.

--Ed K.
Blaine, Washington

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: gemini (offline) on Thursday, November 11 2010 @ 02:50 AM EST  
gemini

When I was visiting Karenb on Sunday last, she told me of a nest that someone reported as being located in Harbour View Park, in North Vancouver. So today, I set out to find it! I finally found the park after going up a road that seemed to lead to nowhere but construction and train tracks! I parked my car and had a look around this "new to me" park and decided to take the righthand path which seemed to be the main one. I passed several dog walkers as I made my way along the path searching the trees as I went. None of them seemed to know of the eagle nest as they were from Vancouver and here for the first time also. Finally as I came to the end of the trail, there it was! A beautiful big nest! Unfortunately. there weren't any eagles present. I will go back there, weather permitting, at different times of the day in the next couple of weeks to see if this nest is in use. Here are some pictures of the nest to document its existance and location. Maybe we can start a thread for it if the nest turns out to be active!

Click on image to download

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: soph9 (offline) on Monday, December 20 2010 @ 10:13 PM EST  
soph9

Had a great day eagle watching yesterday about a minute from my house in Maple Ridge, BC. We have a little salmon stream and they do spawn there....here is a video of what i saw while hanging out on the 240th St bridge....was awesome to see at least 23 eagles of varying ages....

VIDEO HERE Out Eagles just having fun and food

Forum

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: Marg (offline) on Monday, December 20 2010 @ 10:27 PM EST  
Marg

You did a fantastic job Soph9 with this video. Thank you.ClappingClappingLeft thumb up

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: soph9 (offline) on Monday, December 20 2010 @ 10:32 PM EST  
soph9

It was great to see and a really nice day....too bad by the time I get home it is so dark!

Forum

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: edkeagle (offline) on Wednesday, December 22 2010 @ 07:42 PM EST  
edkeagle

Soph 9, Really enjoyed your pixs and videos. The stills of the eagle on the branch with the stream behind are excellent.
Wonderful video of the eagles picking apart the salmon on the log. Nice ending with the moon and the eagle.

First you must follow before you lead.

--Ed K.
Blaine, Washington

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: gemini (offline) on Tuesday, January 18 2011 @ 10:30 PM EST  
gemini

Eagle in Central Park, Burnaby, January 17, 2011
Report and Photos by Chris Murphy

(click to enlarge)

The eagle was sighted several times over central park. He (or she) was seen twice in the area indicated in red. When it was sighted for the photo shown, it flew into the red zone -- went right in behind the trees. I had previously walked that area, but could not see any signs of a nest

Anyway, the duck pond is very close and will likely serve as a supermarket.

About the author:

Chris Murphy has authored several books on sasquatch / bigfoot and has held two public museum exhibits displaying numerous artefacts and scientific findings. He has worked in conjunction with all of the major Pacific Coast researchers and has presented at numerous conferences. His books are published by Hancock House Publishers, Surrey, British Columbia, and his many papers and newsletters are on his blog at the Hancock House site: www.hancockhouse.com.

More from Chris Murphy

Link to Referenced Article

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: soph9 (offline) on Tuesday, February 01 2011 @ 09:47 PM EST  
soph9

More eagles still around my house today!

Forum

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:43 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate