Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other Eagle Pictures and Observations
 Eagle Pictures from Across the Land
 |  Printable Version
By: MaryF (offline) on Monday, February 07 2011 @ 12:06 PM EST  
MaryF

I borrowed this link from Debs...she had posted it on the NCTC West Virginia nest thread...I thought it would be a good place to put this story permanently about a 4 eaglet nest!!!! THANKS, DEBS!!!!

http://www.dveaglealliance.org/news.asp

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: pattymac () on Thursday, February 17 2011 @ 08:27 AM EST  
Anonymous: pattymac

The last weekend in Jan. and first weekend in Feb. are EagleWatch weekends in Sheffield Mills, Nova Scotia. All winter, poultry farmers in the Annapolis Valley feed the hundreds of eagles who have migrated there because of the open water in the Minas Basin and Bay of Fundy (not forgetting the free chicken dinner served every day!). If your timing is right you get to see this: (please forgive the faulty filming - the fault being with the filmer not the camera)

click on each picture for videos

By: edkeagle (offline) on Friday, February 18 2011 @ 01:40 AM EST  
edkeagle

PattyMac: Enjoyed your videos. All those eagles gathered so close together reminds me of the famous Homer, Alaska photos. Do you get lots of people coming to Sheffield Mills to watch the eagles in the fields? Thanks for sharing.

First you must follow before you lead.

--Ed K.
Blaine, Washington

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: pattymac () on Friday, February 18 2011 @ 09:06 AM EST  
Anonymous: pattymac

edkeagle - the Eaglewatch weekends are highly popular and growing every year. There can be, at any given moment, between 20-100 people at the site. The farmers feed once a day from November to early March, but on the 2 weekends of EagleWatch, they feed 3 times a day, starting at 8:00 until about noon. The field is a corn field with a plowed strip at the edge for the spectators, and a plowed lane for the farmer's vehicle. The spctators stand about 100 feet away from the feeding site you can see in the videos. the eagles are in the trees on either side of the field. After the farmer drops off the chicken/turkey, you may wait up to an hour for the eagles to leave the trees and 'come and get it'! They're hungrier at the 8 o'clock feeding so the wait is shorter. The crows approach first, then seagulls, and when the eagles realize their breakfast is being eaten by 'lesser beings', they suddenly leave the trees and the result is what you saw in the videos. Rule one for EagleWatch eagle watchers - wear something warm on your feet! My toes didn't bend after standing there through 2 feedings (about 2 hours), but small price to pay to see sometimes 60-70 eagles at one go. The whole Annapolis Valley gears up for the weekends - pancake breakfasts, wine tasting, etc. If you're ever in Nova Scotia at the end of January, you've gotta go! See www.eaglens.ca

By: Anonymous: eddaves () on Wednesday, March 02 2011 @ 08:14 PM EST  
Anonymous: eddaves

watching nbc news I saw this video about Bald Eagles being in a new area, many many Bald Eagles,here is link to the video,, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... 4#41848244

By: soph9 (offline) on Wednesday, March 16 2011 @ 11:12 PM EDT  
soph9

had a great day watching eagles all over by my house and abut 30 mins away...

BALD EAGLES in MAPLE RIDGE, BC

Forum

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Thursday, March 17 2011 @ 01:25 AM EDT  
MaryF

Thank You for sharing your eagles with us, soph9!! I'm green with envy!!

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: dakota_mcfly () on Wednesday, March 30 2011 @ 02:28 PM EDT  
Anonymous: dakota_mcfly

This photo was taken by a wildlife cam that was set up at a spot where our students found an elk carcass last week. The carcass had lots of visits from ravens & coyotes, and also this big, beautiful eagle! There are video clips of this visitor as well, but the image quality is much better in the still shots.

We are in Castlegar, British Columbia, Canada (up in the mountians, in the southeast part of the province). I work for the School of Renewable Resources at Selkirk College, and the students who use the wildlife cams are part of the Recreation, Fish and Wildlife Technology program.

Leanne

Click on image to download

ETA - click on the image to make it larger

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:18 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate