Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Formerly Live Cams Now Offline > The Chehalis Flats Preserve Discussion
 The Chehalis Flats Preserve Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: sydie (offline) on Sunday, November 03 2013 @ 02:51 PM EST  
sydie

Quote by: karenbills

You're not a doofus, Bonnie. Just be looking at the cam full screen before you snap (or snip) the pic.

Hi Karen,, when you go full screen on the cam there are no controls to take a pic with,,, Here is a very short video I got b4 the cam froze up.. I watched these 2 walk from all the way across the flats to get just below the tower. I suppose they will return the same way... Syd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv-6-ioDRtA

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: txsun (offline) on Sunday, November 03 2013 @ 02:56 PM EST  
txsun

same here syd.. when I go full screen even if not on zoomie cam, that's all I see, the pic. Nothing else on my monitor to take a scap..

and now the cams are down again

~ Bonnie ~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: txsun (offline) on Sunday, November 03 2013 @ 04:26 PM EST  
txsun

about 1:15p man and son back fishing beneath the tower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HdDXGYZ ... e=youtu.be

~ Bonnie ~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Monday, November 04 2013 @ 02:25 PM EST  
karenbills

Quote by: sydie

Quote by: karenbills

You're not a doofus, Bonnie. Just be looking at the cam full screen before you snap (or snip) the pic.

Hi Karen,, when you go full screen on the cam there are no controls to take a pic with,,, Here is a very short video I got b4 the cam froze up.. I watched these 2 walk from all the way across the flats to get just below the tower. I suppose they will return the same way... Syd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv-6-ioDRtA

Bonnie and Syd, that's what the PrtScn (PrintScreen) key's function is on every standard keyboard. It copies your full screen picture onto your clipboard then you just paste into into what ever picture editing program you use. Everyone has Paint on Microsoft even if they don't have additional ones. Simple. This is how I quickly take all my screenshots at full size.

Christian was out there taking pictures from the shore yesterday and I will soon be putting one of them here in this thread along with David Hancock's latest article about the number of eagles presently out there.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: davidh (offline) on Monday, November 04 2013 @ 03:00 PM EST  
davidh

Hancock here: Attached is a Chehalis Flats image by Christian Sasse taken yesterday AM after the fog lifted and the fishermen passed by. His big image showing part of the flats had just over 310 eagles on the ground and in the attached shot showing our tower, being used by two juveniles with just over 110 birds in the surrounding area, gives some indication that the eagles are already moving into the area.

Earlier I predicted that we would have the eagles likely arriving later than usual since there are good quantities of fish spawning on many of the northern BC and Alaskan rivers. The long-time tradition is that the eagles stay feeding in the north until the fish are eaten or they are frozen under the ice. Then the eagles come south. On top of this of course are those eagles that have already in previous years learned that the Harrison-Chehalis area is a bonanza for much of the fall and winter and they come early.

Just over 60% of the eagles present are sub-adults which is a very high ratio. However, when we reach 5000 to count the ratios will be more significant. As one can see in Christian's attached image there are lots of fish scattered along the river banks and the main spawn has yet to happen. I am looking forward to my trips with Jo and Rob (Fraser River Safari Tours http://fraserriversafari.com/eagle-watc ... d-hancock/) in their boat for a closer look. The first eagle tours begin on Nov. 16, the first day of the Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival (FVBEF www.fvbef.ca)

Hope to see many of you at the FVBEF (see detail of activities at the above website) Nov 16 and 17 plus at the Sts'ailes Salmon Celebration, also held at Harrison Mills, on the following weekend: Saturday, Nov 23. By the way Christian will be holding a photo exhibit of his "eagle prints" at Pretty Estates for a whole month. Make sure you drop by and say hi to him.

For me one of the biggest pleasures this fall season will be seeing the eagles from Betty Anne's new Bald Eagle Observatory -- located right on Pretty Estates just 100 meters from our -- her -- Harrison Mills Eagle cams. Of course her tower is right on the edge of the Chehalis Flats looking out towards our tower with the two cams. If you have not followed the Harrison Mills events take a look at the Chehalis Tower cams archive.hancockwildlife.org and click on Live Cameras and follow our "zoomers" who are constantly using the pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) function of the cams to find the nearby eagles. Note in Christian's image that two juveniles are standing on the tower -- our AXIS 35 X zoom can give an eyeball view at the range! The Vivotek cam is 20 X zoom.

By the way I spoke with Ken earlier yesterday and he was on the way to the Pretty Estates Eagle Observatory. We are trying to get live coverage of all the eagles and festival events taking place right at the Observatory. We're trying!

Cheers.

David

Click on the picture twice to view it full screen width.

Click on image to download

Forum Admin
Admin

Profile   Website PM

By: sydie (offline) on Friday, November 08 2013 @ 11:35 AM EST  
sydie

Good Morning, When I started zooming this morning we had many eagles on the flats. Then I saw them all leaving and knew we had human visitors who either can't read signs or just don't care. Here is a video taken around 8:15am

http://youtu.be/ADQGjWtIGPg

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Marg (offline) on Friday, November 08 2013 @ 02:30 PM EST  
Marg

About 11:24a.m. I saw several people walking on the flats - it was too quick to get a pic and when I did the zoomer had zoomed right out….. I didn't have time to do a full screen shot…. I don't think this pic shows them but I believe there were about 4 people.

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: RitaR (offline) on Saturday, November 09 2013 @ 11:05 AM EST  
RitaR

Photographer that is very close to the tower.
8:00 am
She has moved around and I can't get closer in the East cam.

Forum

Oregon Coast

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:58 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate