https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2015
 |  Printable Version
By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Friday, January 02 2015 @ 03:08 PM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Jean, I missed your post before girlfriend, it is always great to see your morning post. Left thumb up

Naoma, Nice that you can use Jess's computer at times, 2-3 weeks is a long time without our Naoma. love

Judy, Always a great feeling to have all the bills paid. That is what I do soon as my SS is direct deposited, then I know what I have left to play with. Grin

Carolyn, Pebbles sounds quite adventurous, I'm glad she is behaving herself today. Nodding yes Miss Bleu is resting from being ran around by the kids, she deserves her rest. Smile

Lynda, How long on you going to be on Maui? I did see a documentary on Maui and they showed the Humpback Whales that mate and winter around the Hawaii Islands. Very exciting indeed my friend.Left thumb up

Oh! By the way. I cracked open that weird egg yesterday and inside was a normal yolk. I made poached eggs and I made sure Ian got that one.

That gave me a very big chuckle!!!!! Titter

Scott, Lovely photos from your last outing. Mt Cheam is gorgeous!!!! Clapping

I have posted some photos over at the thread. I think you have seen most of them, but here is the link just in case. forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=1790&topic=727145#727145

This very large gathering of blue and white form Snow Geese was on the partially frozen Swan Lake. They float on the water and every so often fly off the water, circle around making loud calls, and then land on the water again. They are one of the loudest group of birds I have ever seen and heard. Smile

Click on image to download

See you all later gators. Announcement Downton Abbey Premieres This Sunday January 4 8PM central time!!!! Very Happy

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Friday, January 02 2015 @ 04:43 PM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

Hi All!

Interesting fact....The humpback whales in Maui are the same ones I saw in Sitka! It has been proven by their highly individual tails. So.....now Lynda can go see the same whales I showed you.
I am glad Lynda, you are so excited.

Yes, Downton Abbey starts up.....I was bad again. It's a fictional story so it does not matter.

I have a picture of the picture Lana Hart did for me of Miss Mischievous. I will post one of it alone and another of it on the wall.
smiles,
carolyn

(Hey Linda, I am a bit older than you. Smile).......just as active though.....Let's keep it up!

Click on image to download The heron picture is Lana's also.

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: garyandjudi (offline) on Friday, January 02 2015 @ 04:50 PM EST  
garyandjudi

Florida nest of Ozzie and Harriett had an intruder today
defending nest and bobbles against intruder which is a juvenile
juvenile intruder
back to normal now I can eat says lil fiesty

Pa and Lady Lafarge Avatar

Judi

Forum

Vancouver B.C.
Canada

Profile     PM

By: garyandjudi (offline) on Friday, January 02 2015 @ 04:59 PM EST  
garyandjudi

no Elle in fact I've been looking on the internet for places for them....it seems the owner of the house sold it .....they were suppose to buy it themselves but someone offered the owner more money and the greedy man took the higher offer......and they have to be out by February 28/2015 bummer eh so mama is helping out by scouring the web for rental agencies between being here and on the Florida cam .....wish me luck fingers crossed

Its back to rain here and suppose to start snowing by tonight FaintSnow

Pa and Lady Lafarge Avatar

Judi

Forum

Vancouver B.C.
Canada

Profile     PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Friday, January 02 2015 @ 05:01 PM EST  
deewerms

have enjoyed a few days off, but working next two nights, the weekend, and tomorrow supposed to be 3 to 5" of snow starting at 6pm and then turning to sleet Wooh will be like a skating rink on way home, just hoping it comes my way later than predicted, like 9 or 10pm. apt. with my surgeon in Boston Monday, ev. 6 months now, i am almost smoke free again, need some prayers, had only one today fingers crossed taking the chantix, don't want him to know i had been smoking, very embarrassed

Annie, nice job on our EA thread. i at times forget to post the url where i get the free stock pics, but will try hard to remember, and anyone sees i forgot is welcome to give me a reminder Wink would appreciate it

Carolyn, glad you like the cat tree. was another one i liked but way more $$, hope you all get well from the colds soon, starts to go away and comes back, in my opinion, aggravating Mad Bleu is like me, too much running and i am tired for days and days Sleepy in fact, lately i'm tired all the time Grin

Judy, i know, they'd rather my recliner chair than new tree, proves how smart cats are Grin Little Sidney cute in the Christmas sweater Wub

Scott, nice bear update Left thumb up

Jean, yes, they are cuties most of time, and hopefully the biting stopped fingers crossed i have grown to love them, just not ALL their ways yet Grin

Linda, yeah, they sure made themselves pretty comfy huh, i usually am on my couch at night anyway, but want MY recliner chair in the morning, they can use the couch then Nodding yes hope they get to liking the tree soon, got rid of a desk i had near it as i didn't need anymore, was for my bird cages so now they may use the tree more as they liked lying on the top and bottom shelves of that old desk. can't wait til the eagles come your way, sure saw some beautiful shots last year. loved the woodpecker, RTH, and Kingfisher, and all the others at your thread, ty, enjoyable time viewing them, and wow! that is a lot of snow geese Clapping

Naoma, yep, i am enjoying them now, they race and play in the evening up and down the long hall chasing each other, goes on at times for almost an hour, has me laughing when one takes a shortcut fooling the other. i am hoping you get your pc back soon, missing you here hug enjoy your visit with your sis, Trudy

oh Elle. you are too funny, giving Ian that egg Titter exactly what i would of done! Left thumb up that is Missy on back of chair, she does resemble Panda, very beautiful, and my Snoopy is too, everybody that sees them says so, so i am not prejudiced Roll eyes am feeling better from the cold, sore throat gone now. beautiful art by that Photographer Red Heart

wave Anna, Rose, Dede, Iona, Candy, Laurie, Kathy, Starr, Bev Big hugs

have a good evening friends, working next 2 nights so will stop in when i can, sleep well Byebye

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Friday, January 02 2015 @ 07:52 PM EST  
deewerms

missed your post Carolyn, must of been posting while you were, of course you finished before me Grin the pics of miss mischie. is beautiful, ty for showing her to us

Judi, missed yours too, nice scaps of O & H, hope the intruder gets lost far from this nest. and hope you find a place for your family fingers crossed

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Friday, January 02 2015 @ 10:31 PM EST  
elle

Glad you liked the egg story. I said from the start............" I ain't eatin' that one". NO regardless of what was inside.

Yes Carolyn: The humpbacks you saw in Alaska in September may very well be in Maui right now. They go there to mate and give birth in warmer water.
Found in oceans and seas around the world, humpback whales typically migrate up to 25,000 kilometres (16,000 mi) each year. Humpbacks feed only in summer, in polar waters, and migrate to tropical or subtropical waters to breed and give birth in the winter. During the winter, humpbacks fast and live off their fat reserves. Their diet consists mostly of krill and small fish. Humpbacks have a diverse repertoire of feeding methods, including the bubble net feeding technique.
There is a restaurant on the beach where we are staying where whales are sighted all the time apparently. Bring it on WooHoo

Linda: Just 12 days excluding travel. We can ( and will) cover a lot of territory in that time. Nodding yes

We were disappointed with the Wildlife Photography show this year. Sad But I learned a new bird and a new mammal.

Pauraque : seen in your territory, Carolyn, Jean and Naoma.

Pauraque

And Gelada. Found in Ethiopia

Gelada

judi: Oh no! What a bummer. Hopefully this means something better will come up.

If the sun shines in the morning as forecast we will take a ride to Pat Bay.fingers crossed We will also be out that way on Sunday lunching and hiking with friends so can check on them too. Smile

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: mmud (offline) on Saturday, January 03 2015 @ 12:31 AM EST  
mmud

wave Jean

Lovely pics of the Pileated Woodpecker, RT Hawk, & Belted Kingfisher Linda. Smile
Cool that you've found two owl nesting sites.
Beautiful pics on your thread from the latest outing.

Lovely paintings of the kitty and the GBH Carolyn. Smile

Bummer about the pc going on a little journey Naoma. Sad
Have fun with your sis. Smile

Nice of you to save the good egg for Ian, elle. Titter
Sorry the Wildlife Photography show wasn't as good this year.

Nice s'caps from the SE Fla cam Judi. Smile
It was snowing here this morning but not enough to completely cover the grass. Turned to rain later.

I hope you have a couple of easy work days and the snow doesn't cause problems Doreen. Smile
You've had your last smoke. Congrats! Grin

wave Annie

Lily and a Lily - UPDATE January 2, 2015

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 06:34 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate