Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2015
 |  Printable Version
By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Tuesday, January 06 2015 @ 07:11 AM EST  
nonniejean8

wave Good Morning NestieLuvs

Quote by: AnniesKatz

NestieLuvs,

I really, really hate to bring this up but have to. We have to be very careful with the graphics we post. Simply put, if the picture or graphic can't be clicked to take us back to the originating site, we can't post it. Even then, it's an "iffy" situation because websites often use copyrighted material (with or without permission) and I know we aren't going to read their Terms of Use to see if they are complying with the copyright laws. I know none of us want to go through what we went through a couple of years ago when we were threatened with a lawsuit for posting copyrighted materialsOh My

So very sad Paul feels that way, Linda.
The road trip plans will come together soon, GF, and be an exciting adventure whatever you decide.
The Eagle, Trumpeter Swans, and Hawk do not seem to be one bit bothered by the cold weather, as you must have been...amazing the protection feathers afford their bodies.

Very happy to read your surgeon appointment went so well, Red Heart Doree Red Heart...sorry you had to be out in those dastardly low temperatures, GF. Big hugs

Carolyn ~ “faithful Jean”...I like that, GF...thank you. Big hugs
I called Lorraine yesterday, about my gone astray calendar order...thanks for the suggestion...she fixed it and cals are in their way. Clapping

Scootie ~ Love the snowy wave smiley you found for Doree...looked & looked for one like it...no luck...saved it...thanks, BF.
Lots of flashback Video Cameras and reminiscing going on in BB Uptates...guess bear den time = slow time for the center. Chin
Not complaining just mentioning.

wave elle~elle and anyone I may have missed.

Have a nice day...

Big hugs

Byebye

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Tuesday, January 06 2015 @ 10:50 AM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

C'est vrai Jean.......each day, caring in every way.

Scott, all the June stories make me sad. She was and is special.
I wish things could have been different.

Have a great day everyone......cold here again, good to get rid of nasty fire ants.
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: txelements (offline) on Tuesday, January 06 2015 @ 12:27 PM EST  
txelements

wave Luvies.........

Linda
, I hope Paul was receptive to your phone call. Hopefully he will feel more comfortable not talking face to face.
At least he knows you care, even if he can't express himself in words.

Great Dr. report, Doree Left thumb up

Scott.....
Even Dr. Lynn had to be a bit startled to be used as a lunging prop by June. Wooh

Trudy & I had a great visit; was sad to see her go home yesterday.
I see we have another round of frigid cold coming, stay safe & warm All Nodding yes

Byebye

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Tuesday, January 06 2015 @ 12:49 PM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Hello Friends, I hope everyone is having a good day. Thank you all for your kind thoughts for Paul. He is my oldest nephew, only 10 years younger then I'm. We have always been very close and when he has been ill before I have helped him. I do believe he has given up and wants to die. He refuses to see his doctor or go to an ER. I did call him this morning and left a message on his phone. I hope he calls me back.

I just posted a few more photos and a video over at my thread. forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=1790&topic=728083#728083

Naoma, I'm so glad you had a good visit with your sister, Trudy.

Carolyn and Lynda, There was a lot happening, but that is how I like it. No dragging it out for me, fast and action is how I like it. Grin Yes Linda Thomas came out looking mighty good in the end. He is a man with two or more faces. Nodding yes Carolyn, I'm like you in books, but if I don't like the ending I end it where it was happy.Smile

Good Morning Jean, I love to see your morning posts too. Red Heart

Same with Scott at night, it would not be the same with out his post and an update on our bears. Thank You

Doreen, Please be careful in that horrible weather in your neck of the woods my friend. I'm so glad your check up want well.

Big Hugs and Love to all, see you later gators. hug

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Tuesday, January 06 2015 @ 04:31 PM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Had to do some research on this small hawk like bird i saw yesterday. It is not normally seen in my neck of the woods, but migrates south from Canada and Alaska in the winter. It is a male immature Merlin, a fast flying falcon. Very Happy

Click on image to download

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Tuesday, January 06 2015 @ 08:19 PM EST  
deewerms

Carolyn, yes, it has been bad, and tomorrow night it will be real bad at -25 wind chill so hope after that we warm up a tiny bit at least fingers crossed cold for your area too isn't it? 40 is downright chilly, and i always thought Tx is warmer than that

Scott, great update, ty hope they have good luck with clearing the cam off tomorrow fingers crossed like the cute wavey snow flake? we use to see years ago a winter one that said brrr, see it no more Puzzled

Elle, i know, sometimes seeing pics brings sad memories back fresh, poor June sad

Jean, we all have to be out in the cold temps it seems at one time or another, or stay in all the time Oh My i dread tomorrow night, working, and wouldn't want to see anything out in -25 temp, and i pray all humans do not leave their pets out in that either. yep, was happy with my apt. too, glad it's over til next July Left thumb up

Naoma, ty. sorry Trudy had to leave so soon. glad you had an enjoyable visit though Left thumb up

Linda, i hope Paul calls you back, but you did your best and he knows you love him and care about him Red Heart beautiful eagles as usual, love seeing them soaring above in your capture, the Coopers hawk was gorgeous, seems all hawks are to me at least, great shots of it flying off. nice pics of the swans, brrr, sleeping on ice, great video, funny they can run on the ice too! Grin very pretty Merlin, just so dainty looking too Wub

have a good evening friends, and stay warm and sleep well Byebye

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Tuesday, January 06 2015 @ 10:11 PM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

Good Evening all......

Doreen, try to stay warm. It'll be going to 25 tonight here. Texas can be warm, however, Florida is much warmer than Texas. We are subject to all the different streams of air that go through the Country as well as off the Gulf of Mexico. It's more of a cross section temperature. Our winters get colder than most realize. Our summers tend to be hot, possibly hotter up in Jean and TX's area.

Are the kitties keeping you guessing?

Linda, the Merlin is gorgeous. I love how much you see in your meanderings.

TX, it must have been great being with your sister. Special moments........We had to explain a "moment" to Eli tonight and the best way we could was that it is a period in time where something occurs.
I love how curious he is. I also got to explain the problems in learning English....as in the past tense of drink is not "drunk". Smile Rather it's drank. Then got onto other words such as think, also not thunk, another word...rather thought. Not fair is it? And there is blink which is blinked, rather than blank, or blunk. Poor Eli!

I taught ESL to Japanese students at Doshisha University in Kyoto Japan and they always were shaking their heads in a sense of confusion. So Eli asked me is Spanish easier and I told him yes. Then he asked me if I speak Spanish....well, some, but I do understand. English is tough!

Good Night all....
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: txelements (offline) on Tuesday, January 06 2015 @ 11:01 PM EST  
txelements

Evening Love to (((All))).........

Linda..
I've had an adult Merlin around my area lately; they are beautiful & their color is so special. I wish I could get a pic but my sightings thru binoc & along the road will have to do for now.

Much love & BearHugs to each & every of my HWF & EA friends. Big hugs

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:05 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate