https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Karenbills in hospital
 |  Printable Version
By: Darlene (offline) on Tuesday, December 03 2013 @ 08:08 PM EST  
Darlene

David just called to say Karen is home safe and sound. He picked her up from hospital this morning and took her for lunch. Then they picked up Keith, her brother from the Bellingham airport and David took them grocery shopping and they just arrived home. Karen made it up the stairs on her bum and is now laying down but happy to be home!

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Marg (offline) on Tuesday, December 03 2013 @ 08:32 PM EST  
Marg

Very Happy so pleased they are home Darlene.
Thank you David. hug

Marg

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Tuesday, December 03 2013 @ 08:34 PM EST  
elle

Quote by: lovethebabies

David just called to say Karen is home safe and sound. He picked her up from hospital this morning and took her for lunch. Then they picked up Keith, her brother from the Bellingham airport and David took them grocery shopping and they just arrived home. Karen made it up the stairs on her bum and is now laying down but happy to be home!

Lol. Darlene about Karen's homecoming approach. Where there is a will there is a way and I have used that method myself for transportation more than once. Rolling on floor laughing When necessary it works!
Also happy to hear Keith not only arrived safely but arrived in Bellingham and not Vancouver Airport as I had thought. Much more convenient for everyone. Good thing everyone had a passport handy, too: clap: And if the weather in Vancouver was anything like here, it was sunny, dry and crisp... better than rain or snow!
Thank you also to Sunny and Earl for whatever part you played in making this happen. You two are very specialBig hugs

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Wednesday, December 04 2013 @ 09:41 AM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Darlene, Happy News indeed that Karen and her brother are home! I thank you also for the giggle of Karen's approach to dealing with the steps. She is as I said before strong spirited and she will do well. David, Liisa, Marg and hubby, Kieth, Sharon, Darlene, JudyB, PatB, and all those that has helped to keep us informed and get her on her path to healing, I say Thank You. She is truly blessed with good friends and family. Karen try not to fly to fast my friend. Wub

Hugs and Love,

Linda

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: Liisa (offline) on Wednesday, December 04 2013 @ 03:04 PM EST  
Liisa

You're welcome everyone!

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers for me. The HW family IS very caring! I am lucky to have found all of you!

I am also glad to hear Karen is safe and sound at home with Keith. And a belated thank you to Earl (Mr. Sunshine Coast) for making arrangements as well.

Liisa

aka LiisaLadyBug

Forum

Abbotsford, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Thursday, December 05 2013 @ 10:21 AM EST  
golden1

Wonderful to hear all the good news about Karen's homecoming and Welcome home Karen.

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: EllenH (offline) on Friday, December 06 2013 @ 01:50 PM EST  
EllenH

Hi Everyone,

this is Karen, Ellen is typing right now (wildorcaimages). We are talking on the phone. Sorry I haven't been able to read any of these messages, so I am just asking my friends who have contacted me by phone, to relay any news. Please don't email David, as he is sick with the flu and is not at his computer at the moment. I want to thank everyone for their wellwishes and flowers, the fruitbasket - but I am unable to sit at the computer for any length of time, cast is too heavy, so I am unable to get to my emails for a while. I don't have a walking cast. My Dr. says it will be a long slow recovery. The only way to contact me is for those who have my phone number, to give me a call.

I am sending everyone an eagle hug and thanking for all the wishes Smile Love Karen

This is Ellen - feel free to post stuff here, and I will keep checking the forum daily and pass it on, so will others that are in touch with Karen.

Eaglehugs,

Ellen

Ps: For those who did not know details, and I don't know what information has been written up. When I fell, I landed on my knee, my right leg folded up underneath me. I broke the distal end of the fibula in 3 places. Therefore the surgeon is not even sure if the surgery will help but something had to be done. It is a compound fracture. He inserted a metal plate and some screws. My right knee is all swollen and bruised, although there is no fracture, the doctor is also very concerned about my knee as well. Also all the muscles in my legs are messed up from the fall.

aka wildorcaimages

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Friday, December 06 2013 @ 02:17 PM EST  
sassyk

Ellen thanks for posting Karen's message. Wow, it sounds like her injury is much worse than originally reported Sad I have a card in the mail for her and will call her within the next few days. So sorry to hear David is sick with the flu and hope he recovers soon Sad

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because
then you won't have a leg to stand on! ~ Author Unknown

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:45 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate