https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Karenbills in hospital
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, December 01 2013 @ 09:23 PM EST  
JudyB

Thanks, gemini - and sending hugs and good thoughts to Karen.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Sunday, December 01 2013 @ 10:42 PM EST  
AnniesKatz

Hi Liisa,

It is great to know that Karen has your company each day and Sandy's too.

Please give Karen a snug hug from me (Annie) and tell her she is in my prayers for a speedy
recovery.

Just saw your post Sharon. Thank you so much for the update.

Hi Terry

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: EllenH (offline) on Monday, December 02 2013 @ 12:13 AM EST  
EllenH

Thanks Sharon, for the news of your visit with Karen today. I was in a workshop all weekend, but Marg send me a message. I was shocked when I found out. I am glad to hear that she is in good spirits under the circumstances and the wiggling of the toes is great news!
I hope that maybe I can visit her sometime, or be of some sort of help when she comes home.
I hope the things with the airline can be worked out, I don't see it as a problem, as a medical emergency would count as a reason to cancel a flight.. they might be more willing to reverse the ticket and put it into Keith's name instead. Westjet is pretty good with that kind of stuff.
Well whoever goes and visits Karen next, please give her my love and a gentle eagle hug!
Ellen

aka wildorcaimages

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Monday, December 02 2013 @ 01:10 AM EST  
MaryF

OH MY GOSH!! Poor Karen!! Talk about being out of the loop!! I'm so sorry that I didn't know about Karen until tonight!! Thanks David, Sharon and everyone else who are keeping us up to date on what is happening with Karen. What a freak thing to happen and such bad timing for her as well---as if there is a good time. I will send David an email for her in the morning---meantime I'm sending her good thoughts and prayers!! love

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Monday, December 02 2013 @ 11:41 AM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Thank you Lisa and Sharon for your updates on Karen and her recovery. I'm glad to hear she was up with her walker, most likely hopping on her good leg. No weight bearing on the surgical leg will be very important. She has such a strong spirit for life I know she will do well. I also hope that her brother will be able to come and stay with her while she heals. Lisa and Sharon, please pass my love, hugs, and best wishes onto her. Thank You

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: Liisa (offline) on Monday, December 02 2013 @ 09:17 PM EST  
Liisa

Hi Everyone!

I spent 2 hours with Karen this afternoon and she is going home tomorrow! YAY! Very Happy Her brother Keith is flying in at 2pm tomorrow. Thank you to Marg (Sunshine Coast) and David for all their help making arrangements. David will confirm all the plans tonight when Karen phones him.
The hospital staff feel Karen is progressing very well. That's why they are booting her out so soon! It was a little stressful trying to make all the plans with such short notice.
She should be home tomorrow night and starting to slowly catch up on the forum, etc.
I am glad I was able to spend each day with her. I'm sure she knows she is loved by all of you and in your prayers.

Liisa

aka LiisaLadyBug

Forum

Abbotsford, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, December 02 2013 @ 09:28 PM EST  
JudyB

Wonderful news! Thanks so much, Liisa! I know things will be challenging for Karen for a while - but am sure she'll sleep much better in her own bed!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Monday, December 02 2013 @ 09:30 PM EST  
AnniesKatz

Thank You so much Liisa for the update on Karen. I'm so happy that she is progressing so well and going home. It is also great to know the arrangements for Keith have been made.

It is really nice that she had you keeping her company every day!

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:35 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate