Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 The Singing Bird Lane
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Friday, January 29 2010 @ 05:40 AM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Click on image to download Awake early so wanted to say

By: vickrb (offline) on Friday, January 29 2010 @ 08:31 AM EST  
vickrb

SmileGood Morning Jean - I love your good moring and your good night from last night too - and all you other Happy People coming to share some fun time. IT IS FRIDAY!!Clapping YAAAAAAAAAAA Oh how I love Friday. I get to play for two days. Well sort of anyhow, I have to work tomorrow afternoon - if you call sitting at a table outside a supermarket selling tickets, work. It coud be 5 hours and might be the longest I have sat still for many months, except at work at my desk. Helping a friend sell tickets to our yearly Agriculture Fair for the 17th February. It is a holiday here and it means we work Monday and Tuesday and then get Wednesday off and work Thursday and Friday.

It is a big Fair and loads of fun for everyone, horse shoes, animal contests (for the best rooster and/or hen; for the biggest cow or bull in different catagories and for horses in different catagories. They have one contest for horse jumping and best performance, even a contest for rabbits, cats and dogs) Childrens costume contest, along with loads of local foods and farm products for sale, it will be lots of fun. They will have the bouncing Castle for the kids, pony rides, coloring contests, and baby sitting available.
This is one Fair I don't work at but go and enjoy. They also have plants and flowers for sale along with fruit trees, but you have to get there by 7:00 a.m. to get those or the are sold out.
Welll, I have to get back to work now so have a GREAT DAY everyone.[/size]

This picture is of our local NEEM tree which has many medicinal uses. Attached to it I have a Jamaican Orchid.
Click on image to download

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Friday, January 29 2010 @ 01:31 PM EST  

Yes the old mood is indescribable..
What a different tree and the names I have never heard of and an orchid growing with it, very pretty. I would love
that fair. Horses what do they do with them are they working types like Clydesdale or Percheron or etc. or strickly for pleasure ? I love horses be it any kind haha...

Have you picked a name for your Nightingale yet, They sing all the time when the babies come. I was reading the fact about some people, and one lady said it keeps her awake , at night all the time etc and didn't know what she was ever going to do with all the noise,, etc, and a man said he wished they were gone soon and I won't say what else. haha hears different things about them
Why don't you call him the Great Caruso or Sir Sinatra not exactly exotic names for a singing bird but???but good singers hahahaha..I Is that the ist they have come close to your home??? You may regret it haha.
Any way, great to have you on here my friend.
We seem a little sparse of people,don't we gee they don;t know a good thing when they see it. hahahaha.same as Feathered friendz..
Iam out of here for awhile so I can get a rest, See you later byeeeeee,

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Friday, January 29 2010 @ 05:26 PM EST  

How about something instead of a blank page huh? haha Well I will go see what I have on the cooker. ..
"As you think, you travel. As you love, you attract. You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you ... no more, no less." Click on info below to get picture
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well all you cat lovers here is a word from a Cat itself. I thought kind a cute though.. I wonder who makes these things up. ok lets try this.

Excerpts from a Cat's Diary
Day 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant.

Day 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to throw -up on their favorite chair ... must try this on their bed.

Day 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I
was ... Hmmm. Not working according to plan.

Day 768 - I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo." What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth.

Day 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer." More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

Day 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird on the other hand has got to be an informant, and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room, his safety is assured.

But I can wait, it is only a matter of time ...
\

By: vickrb (offline) on Friday, January 29 2010 @ 07:12 PM EST  
vickrb

OK here are a couple fo pictures. I was so tired after work, I walked in the front door, grabbed a diet coke and my camera and walked out the back door to sit on the pattio. Out comes Mom and Dad Nightingale. It was hillarous. They were pulling threads out of a door mat which was not 8 feet from my feet. Flying up in the nest which I never saw before until today. Guess the other one I saw before is for another bird. this nest is really something. First a picture of the Mom and Dad, the male hiding and paying shy. Then a picture of the nest from my porch which is in a Key Lime tree and the closeup (3rd pic) will show the thorns that are on the branches of the Key Lime tree, which means the nest is made of dry branches from the tree the nest is in. Third picture shows a close up.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Friday, January 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM EST  
vickrb

Now this next picture shows the other side of the nest. See the paper toweling and the aluminum foil. It was so funny watching him take the silver foil up there. It was big and bulky and he dropped it when it caught on a branch. He is one clever bird.
This picture is when he came back a 2nd time for fluffy stuff.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Friday, January 29 2010 @ 08:00 PM EST  

Well the night time has come and I suppose I should go and get my shuteye, Had a busy day
but feel rather funny. I believe the medication is reacting a bit, but the itching has gone
and it will work but my the pills I have to take is got me wondering ,No other way to go Iam afraid.
I will become cylicone Gertie. Gabe is feeling better and doing more for himself so that hepls me.
I feel for him he looks done in too. What a pair we are... even Heidi is down. Stupid winter.
His March birthday will be coming up , then Daniels in April but
Feb 14th Heidi's birthday she will be 12th.. SO we are getting old the 3 of ussigh sign
So good night everyone . See you..Click on image to download

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Saturday, January 30 2010 @ 05:50 AM EST  

Mug of coffeeIts that time but I am awake early again and wishing you all a Happy good morning Saturday the 30th of January. It will soon be into beFebruary. Oh my but it is a cold one to-day again brrrr.

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:07 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate