Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 The Singing Bird Lane
 |  Printable Version
By: Ayla (offline) on Tuesday, January 26 2010 @ 05:57 PM EST  
Ayla

Wow!!! Did you stay up all night writing this??
When I popped in last night, you had already gone to bed....
I thought! Sorry I missed you this morning.....we could have
walked down the "Lane" together, lol!
Very glad you have put together this new thread, Jean, and
I love the new name.
Now, if you'll excuse me.... I shall go read some more,wave

Thank You , Ayla

From Northwestern BC
Forum

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Tuesday, January 26 2010 @ 07:34 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Awe Ayla darlin' your back and I have a picture of your cabin wanna see it ok just a second. I am glad you like my little spot there is all kinds of things to write about Ayla do you have anything you would like me to write about Ie :I donot gossip, I donot lie and it has to be nice something ok Grin
Vickie and I hope Stella comes on too. here. I just love the pictures of Vickies home and surroundings. What a terrific person she is...wow.. So here is your cabin. I so enjoy you.....This may not look like yours but I will have to pretend. I wouldn't mind having one like that haha. Ayla my life is writing , not the best writer in the world but most all comes from my soul and remembrance.(brain) When you have walked on this land as long as I have old people are really books. They tell you a lot of things... love Ps did you ever hear anyone who has written to Cee.I gave up....Jean
Here is a little poem ist.
My Little cabin Click on image to download

Alone with touch of heaven
In nature's life we share
A moment of God's blessing
So beautifully aware

Grass so tall with splendor
Sky so blue and clear
Within the heart we nurture
This beauty we revere

Place we fill with laughter
Love we share with peace
A lifetime spent with moments
Are treasures that we keep

Hear the silent whispers
In breezes that will flow
Keep the fire's burning
For love that has life's glow.

By: vickrb (offline) on Tuesday, January 26 2010 @ 07:59 PM EST  
vickrb

Jean - good evening. I love your poem there below the cabin. It is wonderful. Here is picture for you. This is a piece of land that they are clearing behind where I live. I lifted up a tree branch to this picture of the snowy egret and the annie bird eating the left overs. They are using this place to plant and farm. All vegetables and fruits. It will bring lots of birds, I am so excited. Left thumb up The picture that follows is our little Bananaquit - quite a fast little guy and hard to photograph.
Click on image to download

Ayla - hello and welcome. good to see you here. Jean has the most fabulous stories and I am enjoying them so much. The one about the body being a car had me in stitches Rolling on floor laughingand I actually sent it to work to share with co-workers tomorrow.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Tuesday, January 26 2010 @ 09:03 PM EST  

Iam just amazed at the little birds name. What are his habits Vickie. That will be quite a place when they get it all done.
Now then on to my idea
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes. I am pretty sure that is a logical reason don't you?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cleaning Poem
IWhy my house is such a mess.
I asked the Lord to tell me
He asked if I'd been 'computering'
And I had to answer 'yes.'

He told me to get off my fanny
And tidy up the house..
And so I started cleaning up...
The smudges off my mouse..

I wiped and shined the topside.
That really did the trick...
I was just admiring my work.
I didn't mean to 'click.'

But click, I did, and oops I found
A real absorbing site.
That I got SO way into it.
I was into it all night.

Nothing's changed except my mouse
It's very, very shiny.
I guess my house will stay a mess...
While I sit here on my hiney.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I do not have this problem though haha

By: Ayla (offline) on Tuesday, January 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM EST  
Ayla

Hahahahahahha!
Jean..... I must admit, I DO have that problem, lol!

ps. Where do you find all these little pictures? I just love them....the "lady" in purple reminds me of a
poem my Mom-in-law gave me about a lady in purple.
I"ll see if I can find it for you.

From Northwestern BC
Forum

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Tuesday, January 26 2010 @ 10:14 PM EST  

Ayla I have saved them up over the years and some I find new... I get a kick out of things that are comical , my comical side needs to have fun. haha
Please do show me >>>>I love purple and what does it make you think of by the way . I was asked that at Christmas my answer was Happiness. haha Royality, Rich feeling, etc,. What does purple do for you folks huh?
Well I have to go and get the hair washed and set to-morrow so better get some shut-eye. I'm getting a few holes in my head I see. Ist thing ya know I will have to get a wig... never.... I will go bald hahaha well maybe not either..
. Night all of you precious people, See you around I hope,,,, (My prayer picture.)

By: vickrb (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 07:00 PM EST  
vickrb

GrinHello Jean.
Very quiet here tonight - I hope you are getting some relief with the leg - remember the ice and cold water. I hope you have a great night of peace and pleasant dreams or funny laughable dreams.giggleRolling on floor laughing

I have not done much today except work. I had lunch out of the office with a lady whose husband works with us. She is a nice person and lots of fun. You will like this - her name is Melody. She has a very infectious laugh. We went to a Tai Restaurant and then when I got back up to the office someone had brought me in a bread pudding - which was more like a custard with carmel top. Mmmmmmmmmmm Goooooood!Nodding yes So I just had some fruit for supper.

Well I have to send some more e-mails so I am going back there. It is 7:00 only and I feel like I could crawl into bed.SleepyGood night

I could send his little fella to sing you to sleep. He is so adoreable. Trying to think of an exotic name for him.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM EST  

Well I have arrived finally, where are all my little birdies?( gals) was hoping you would have something to put on here for me, you know your welcome. It snowed to-day and I didn't attempt to go out in it with the car, although I am a good driver, but laziness overcame me and I said why pay 20 $.s walk out of the salon and get your hair all wet with snow,.& I deplore hats.So I snoozed away a perfect sleeping day. Oh isn't it fun to be old and retired or tired?? haha... Dr. dayt o-morrow

Talk about Hats ok, well I thing the Victorian era was one of the neatest and wonderful pretty era of everything actually, be it dresses , underclothing, shoes, gowns , bathings suits and you name it for each gender man and woman. Even their homes were vibrant with colour and gorgeous wallpapers. There is almost a perfectly preserve wallpaper in my GGG granfdfathers home near Picton that one room has. It is loud and rather beautiful . Can you imagine that.
Now I know some may not like that kind of era, but it brought them out of the daily and realitively unkind Era's before I think that went on before . 1926 I was born and I saw a bit of it. the wear as I told you. Now I am going to try and put a picture on that I would like you to see . Remember I said I do not like hats.... well lookie here. Ok Click on image to download

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:13 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate