please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2014
 |  Printable Version
By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Saturday, January 04 2014 @ 11:53 AM EST  
nonniejean8

wave Nestikins

Quote by: txelements

Jane's Anchorage pic is beautiful. Brrrrrrrrrrr looking, but beautiful.
Jean....Bare with me, I don't recall if I've asked this already, or just meant to........Is Jane in the city of Anchorage or N,S,E,W of the city?
I still remember my short time there, fondly.

Texie ~ I made a goof there...Jane lives outside the city of Fairbanks...not Anchorage.
I went back and added an ETA on the post to correct that.

Sure enjoyed chatting with you, Pea, and Sal last night...sounds like they both have those Alaska temps! Oh My

Scootie ~ Pea said she was ready to den with either Honey or Holly...says they sure look cozy 'n warm in there. LOL

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Saturday, January 04 2014 @ 01:32 PM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Hello Friends, I spent most of the day yesterday on the rivers and then had to play catch up at home last night and this morning. Groceries was the first thing on the list for today. We have a really bad winter storm coming in from the North Pole starting tonight and going into tomorrow. Six inches of snow expected and sub zero temps. Sweety Pie and I are all set for a hibernation of our own. Grin

Doreen, I hope the chest drain tube comes out tomorrow. If it has not been draining or very little, then there is a good chance. I hope the radiation and chemo will be short term and you can move on with your life my friend.Nodding yes Was Whitey glad to be home and see you? Thanks for the kind comment on the photos at the thread. It has been a good season so far. Smile

Iona, I hope your weather does not get to much worse, it looks like the same winter storm may be hitting yours and Doreen's area too.NO

Karen, I hope your dental appointment went well with very little discomfort. Its great hearing from you again. hug

Naoma, I saw that same smiling moon last night. Smile

Jean, Wow, there is a blast of COLD for sure. Very cool photo!!!!!

Scott, Thanks for the heads up on the video cam, I will check it out. Nodding yes Very ggod advise for our Doreen.

Hello Elle, I hope you are having a good visit with your friend. Big hugs

Hello Anna Big hugs

The Trumpeter Swans where on the frozen ice and small open water areas at the sanctuary. I parked in an area where they were flying over head at heading south. I caught some cool photos of them as they flew over me.

Click on image to download

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Saturday, January 04 2014 @ 01:43 PM EST  
HikerBikerGram

This is a large Tugboat and it barges breaking through the frozen river yesterday. The eagles where checking for fish in the open water it made as it went up river. I followed it too, hoping to see more eagles.

It was approaching Grafton in this photo. You can see the path it was cutting in the frozen river.

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: txelements (offline) on Saturday, January 04 2014 @ 05:17 PM EST  
txelements

Good Afternoon, Luvies..........

Scott
, the moon pic did come out rather well. Thank You

Fairbanks, Anchorage......only about a 300 mile difference. Grin
Fairbanks is much colder.
I remember being able to see the summit of Mt. McKinley from Anchorage, on a clear day. Smile

Linda......I always feel like the moon watches over us all. Smile
Your river pics are great. The Mighty Mississippi freezing over, Oh My. Does it do that every winter?
I expect it will be even more so after this next front comes thru. I hear it will effect most of the country.

Polar Vortex

The Trumpeter is so beautiful & graceful. While it's for important research, it's always kinda sad to see a tagged animal. I wonder how they feel about it?

NestYas wave

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: anna-holland (offline) on Saturday, January 04 2014 @ 05:17 PM EST  
anna-holland

here it is to warm for the time off the year. It was today and yesterday arround 53.6 ( 12C) they say on tv next week 57.2 = 14C...........we are still waiting for change wind,...still from south and thats warm.
wave

Linda what a amazing pictures again Nodding yes Left thumb up

Have a wonderfull day Byebye

"what you send is what you get"

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

By: txelements (offline) on Saturday, January 04 2014 @ 05:19 PM EST  
txelements

Anna......Neat that we were posting at the same time. I beat you to the "submit". Grin

Big hugs

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Saturday, January 04 2014 @ 06:56 PM EST  
deewerms

hi everyone, had the apt. today and things went well, they did take out the drain and i am very happy, Clapping few more days of soreness and it should be much better. the Dr is setting me up locally at hospital not far from me at all to get my chemo treatments, and possibly radiation too, we'll see when they call me and what's best is this hospital has it's own cancer center, the Holy Family in Methuen, Ma. and is where i was treated for my breast cancer 17 yrs. ago. so that makes me more comfortable. i had lived in Methuen years back also.

Jean, that picture even looks coldddd! Wooh

Scott, i will continue to fight any urges i get best i can, has not been real bad fingers crossed...yet. can you post the Holly cam link please, will try again, i always could get Wildearth before, the night i couldn't get her cam i got one of those weird 404 errors, rare but a huge pain, tells you nothing Frustration

Elle, i think they would rather be safe that have this come back, so being aggressive to an aggressive cancer, as he called it, is best, and you are right, i am lucky and have a lot of support and love here and with family and friends hug

Linda, my little friend Whitey has been home awhile now with me and he is back to his old spoiled self, confusion all gone. i sit with him and tell him stories like my friend was doing, and he loves the attention. Wub

Naoma, looks like another very deep freeze coming, Sad i had heard it was going to get bad again, ty for that link, interesting article, but not fun to read Grin my SIL in Austin, Tx is so unhappy with the 30 degree weather she regrets moving there from Fla Grin

wave Judi, Anna

enjoy rest of the evening everyone, couch potato time soon sleepy

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Saturday, January 04 2014 @ 07:53 PM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Great News Doreen, Drain is out and you can have your treatment at a hospital you are comfortable at and close too. Left thumb up I'm glad Whitey has settled back into his home again. That is so cool you tell him stories, he does sound spoiled and very much loved. love

Thanks Naoma and Anna, the river does freeze during really cold weather. There are open areas and I do not think the ice is very thick. I would not walk on it for sure. Smile

Naoma, I not in agreement with tagging or banding animals or birds. I think that since the neck band is put on fairly early in their lives, it does not bother them. Humans are curious creatures and they can not help wanting to know it all. LOL

A beautiful immature eagle I saw yesterday. The light on the eagle is the reflection of the sun off the ground cover snow.

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:12 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate