You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Feathered Friendz
 |  Printable Version
By: vickrb (offline) on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 10:41 AM EST  
vickrb

Hi everyone,

We just had a 5.8 earthquake. All is fine and no-one hurt. No buildings damaged that I know of so far. As I was on the 3rd floor in town we got out fast. The filing cabinet bounced across the floor into my chair and scared the sh___ out of me for sure. We all got out and I moved my car which was next to the 5 story building. They decided to let us go home until the check the building out. So I am at home. Want to end this in case we lose Internet connections.

More later, but know we are fine. In 2004 we had one at 6.7 so this was less than that. I was so scared!!!!!!!!!!!! WE all had Haiti on our mind I am sure. This one was 40 miles off our Capital. Too close for me. Just know that I am o.k.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 10:50 AM EST  
Anonymous: Stella E

glad you're OK vicki. Are your buildings built to earthquake code ? What are they made of ? That would have been scary for sure with everyones minds on Haiti. Stay at ground level for a bit and away from buildings and the ocean .

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 11:38 AM EST  
Velma Flann

Good Morning!

Vicki - so glad you are okay! What a scary experience. thanks for checking in and reassuring everyone!

Hi Stella and Dachsi! Glad you found your way in Dachsi - some things are different - but most of the basics are much the same. At the top of the Garden Fence, there is a thread to Ask an Assistant. Good spot to ask about things that are different. Also a link in my signature to PEB's tutorial.

Mug of coffee anyone?

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Vicki thanks for the phone call and Iam sure gald you are safe and sound.
That area must be changing plates at a fast rate. No more earthquakes please
Your home now so relax and have a safe day ok. Worried... Jean,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here the day is as usual overcast. Mother nature is not having a good time either I guess.
It's the January thaw and what a messy place now, Its abot 1 C above here.

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 02:38 PM EST  

Jean -- it's OK. It was only Saturday that was wet. All the other days have been mid 60's and sunny . We just had lunch outside --- t shirt weather.

Velma --- Jean says that her home page is Singing Bird Lane. What is that? Can we each have one ? How do we do it? What would we put on it? How do I see Jean's ?

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Quote by: Stella E

Jean -- it's OK. It was only Saturday that was wet. All the other days have been mid 60's and sunny . We just had lunch outside --- t shirt weather.

Velma --- Jean says that her home page is Singing Bird Lane. What is that? Can we each have one ? How do we do it? What would we put on it? How do I see Jean's ?

Stella - that name is replacing the name of the "Happy Dancing" thread Jean had on the old forum where she puts her writing. The thread is not open or set up yet.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM EST  

didn't know it existedd. Will it appear later. Can we all have home pages?

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 03:52 PM EST  
Velma Flann

It really isn't a "Home Page" Stella. It is just a thread from the old forum which is being moved here, but with a different name. I for one would not like to have my ownSmile-- it's hard enough to keep up with one or two - much less have one to do a bunch more posting onSmile

The thread will be open soon. If you go to the old forum, you will see the thread "Happy and Dancing the Eagle Walk -- is Jee" That is where Jean did a lot of her writing and memories.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:31 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate