The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Feathered Friendz
 |  Printable Version
By: Velma Flann (offline) on Saturday, January 16 2010 @ 09:30 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Quote by: Stella E

Velma -- what do the blue circles above the avatar mean? you and Jean have 5 and I have one.
also what is moderator -- why are you moderators? what do both of you do?
and thirdly -- what is the annoying black square that attaches to my cursor when i sign in ?

and also -- how do I change this to show that I'm a member since 2009 sometime and not just this week.
thanks

Hi Stella. 1. The blue circles have to do with the number of posts one does. I have 5 because they have made me a moderator (Topic Monitor) in the old software, and I will help monitor the Garden Fence to see if any one has questions or problems.

2. I haven't seen the annoying black thing on the cursor when signing in, so I don't know.

3. Unfortunately, anyone who wasn't a member of the Media Gallery when they joined the old forum will not have the joining date from there showing. Just as mine says I joined in 2010. The only way to reflect an earlier date is to put it in your signature line as Vicki has done.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Ayla (offline) on Saturday, January 16 2010 @ 10:47 PM EST  
Ayla

I'll be posting here from now on.LOL
Everyone else too??

From Northwestern BC
Forum

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Saturday, January 16 2010 @ 11:02 PM EST  
Anonymous: Stella E

Vicki and Ayla --- how do you do that blue bouncy thing above your avatar.

I know i said I was staying off for a while but its dark, raining like crazy and theres nothing but football on the TV !!!

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Saturday, January 16 2010 @ 11:20 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Hi Stella. just got back after dinner. The blue bouncy thing is found in the Mood Button when you do a post. There is a real variety, but no preview, so you aren't sure what they will look like!!! you have to do a mood for each post if you want one. I just clicked on silly, so we'll see what it looks like!

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Ayla (offline) on Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 12:31 AM EST  
Ayla

I used "sneezy" cause I'm getting over a cold (finally)! lol

Stella, it's a great time to be here then.....dark, raining and football, yup,
glad you changed your mind!

From Northwestern BC
Forum

Profile     PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 02:05 AM EST  
vickrb

Hi everyone. I could not sleep so thought I would do some more investigating on the new thread. I sort of like it here all ready and I love the variety of new emoticons.

Yes, Ayla I guess I will post here from now on. Going back and forth is a little much and having so many 'favorites' is clogging up my system.

Jean,Whistling how about you? You ready to start posting steady on this new one? We will get used to it quicker I think if we do.

I just saw something move out of the corner of my eye. As it is 2:00 a.m. it rather startled me. I guess going in and out so much washing my car and the landlady coming over, one of the little "gecho's" got in the door. I will have to catch him in the morining as he can not live indoors. Especially not in my house as there are no bugs in here and he needs them to survive. I just throw a little hand towel over him and gather it up gently and let him go in a bush. I don't mind catching them with my hands but if they run up my arm I don't like it.Don't Panic

Went and saw a good friends new Grand Daughter tonight. What a beautiful baby!! Madison they called her. Cool There are some really differnt names in the Caribbean and some of them are pretty. Even the names they choose for their animals are unique, and I was very surprised to hear that the neighbors called their lab/cross Butch.
Click on image to download

Well, I am going to check out a few more things and then go back to bed.
This is the hedge of flowers Roses, Bouganvillea's and others I don't know the name of - but it surrounds my front bedroom window-lots of thorns and therefore is quite a safe place.
Click on image to download

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 02:14 AM EST  
MaryF

Vicki...My granddaughter's middle name is Madison and she goes by it sometimes. I didn't like it at first but it has grown on me.:love:

Here we all are at our new "nest". I think it will work out just fine!!Grin

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 09:48 AM EST  
vickrb

GOOD MORNING all my Feathered Friendz

Jean, trust you are having an o.k. weekend. Please look after "you" and let us know how Gabe is also. Enjoy your son and family as I know you mised him while he was away. Is it warming up any? How are you feeling? Actually now that I think about it, for about 2 years after I quite smoking the aches and pains multiplied and then leveled off. Keep smiling!!Left thumb up

MaryForbes - good to see you on the new nest as well. I think it will be grand. The more I use it the more it is so much like the old one. Hope everyone gets used to it and posts soon, it could be very quiet for awhile. Yes, Madison was strange to me, but when you look at this baby, it suits her. Some day I may have a picture of her.

Well, I am off to Tim Hortons for Coffee and cake donuts. yummmers....

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:52 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate