The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2011
 |  Printable Version
By: mmud (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 09:28 PM EST  
mmud

:hello:

Ooooooooh........lotsa beautiful pics to look at and not much ketchup to do after supper and the hockey's over. Smile

A beautiful day for a drive
Click on image to download

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: CovingtonKat (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 09:40 PM EST  
CovingtonKat

Hey - Here I am again! wave

Reading all the posts from today, I was surprised that so many people who usually had a fireworks show nearby didn't seem to have one. We not only were hearing BOOMS from around the neighborhood (yes, it IS illegal!) but our local celebration went on as usual in Seattle, with a fireworks show at the Space Needle.

So my SM and I did our traditional champagne in the hot tub - starting about 11PM - (Nope, NO pics!!!) - and then moved the party inside with leftover Christmas sweets to go with the rest of the champagne while we watched the show on TV.
(SM on the left, CK on the right) Rolling on floor laughing

Then I decided to take pics of the fireworks on the TV screen - Wooh

First, white explosions started blasting out the sides of the Needle...

Then in colors from the top and the bottom simultaneously....WOOOOHOOOO!

(3 more pics coming) Nodding yes

HWF Member since March 2006.

Forum

Covington, WA

Profile Email   PM

By: CovingtonKat (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 09:40 PM EST  
CovingtonKat

I just loved these two camera views looking up from underneath the Space Needle!

Ond Ooooo ooooooo oooooooo, isn't this one pretty?!?

The whole show lasted only about 15 minutes...there were thousands of people watching from the grounds below the Needle and the surrounding hillsides - not to mention the rest of us watching on TV! The night was clear and very cold - perfect conditions! Most years, people brave the rain to be there watching!

It was a great show!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!!

HWF Member since March 2006.

Forum

Covington, WA

Profile Email   PM

By: grateful (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 10:08 PM EST  
grateful

End of second period of the hockey game. Oh the shame

Sue, yes, Gord should have some trouble sitting now!
How nice that your hubby has retired.

Iona, donít bother with ketchup just jump in with now! You sure did a lot to be proud of in 2010. love

Linda, I am so glad you are safe after the terrible storms there. That is great advice to Iona on ketchup.
What a beautiful BOTD, the Great Egret. Thank you.

Sue, Holy smoke! You have enough turkeys there ?? Great shots.

Lori, so glad Skunkguy is going to get you more munchies for the eagles. That must smell so awful! Phew
Those are great cards for Kat and Lance. Love the card from Wrinkle. Awwwww.
You did a great job on your jammies shots of the sunset sky. It is very pink for sure.

Judy, Happy New Year! I hope you love your new cam.

Scott, beautiful birds at your feeder. Love that flicker.

Lori and Jean, the fireworks started again this evening. Fireworks not firecrackers. My neighbors dog got out and they didnít know it. It is a housedog and it was so stressed and was in my front yard. Had to get off the phone with my DIL in Texas and go get the dog. I was afraid he would take off and we wouldnít find him. He came to me thank goodness and I got him in his house. Abigail would have run in terror and would just keep going.

Sue, beautiful shot of the sky. What a gorgeous place you have. I like the way the sun is hitting the top of the trees.

Dede, glad you were at the show with us. It was so great and so much fun to have a party for Kat and Lance.

Jean, thanks for the scaps of the show. Wasnít it special !!!

Lori, your tribute to Kat and Lance is beyond wonderful. It really choked me up. It really set the mood for the whole show. Kat and Lance obviously loved it. You put a lot of work in it and a lot of love and it showed. Wow!
Way to go on making us all hungry with the pork chops.
And THANK you for the spanking for the deserving gentlemen. LOL

Naoma, awesome, sunset.

Dede, thanks for sharing the sunset from WI from your friend. Oh, sorry about that loss.

Starr, we need to hear from you! love

Nancy

Forum

Lakeland, FL

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 10:17 PM EST  
IrishEyes

This was a busy day .. just stopping in to thank Annie for her beautiful card at the hollow..

Have a wonderful 2011 everyone...

Hugs Bev..

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 10:18 PM EST  
yalitldevl

Hey {{{{{{{{{{Nestlings}}}}}}}}}}}} hug

my awwwwwwwwwww'er is broken!! I came across a show on CMT called "Pick a Puppy" and have been watching it since I left here! ommmgggg! Each episode a family visits 3 different breeders and then picks a puppy from them. I want them all! Now!

I guess I don't need to tell you I overdid it today do I? So no more red in me tonight but I just have to say woooooooooooohoooooooooooo to the pics Nanc!! I love that new one! The Sora, what a cutiebeak that is! more comments tomorrow

Thanks for the be-au-tiful sunsets loved ones, loved them all

Red Heart {{{{{{{{{{{Kat and Lance}}}}}}}}}}} Red Heart it was so much fun today and great to read your thoughts on it. Thanks for that and the fireworks. I want to make a collage from today's show when the recording is up then I'll burn it on with the project and fire it off in the mail ok?

Scott I'll check your pics tomorrow and I'll finish the red from today then too. Love to you all, sleep tight and sweet dreams. We sure kicked off 2011 with lots of style and flair! Wub sleepy

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: elle (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 10:35 PM EST  
elle

OHMIGOSH! What a day. And it ain't over yet.

We had a spectacular sunset here, too, and I was on the phone with my nephew from Quebec, so no pix, but isn't it just unbelievably heartwarming to come on here and see everyone's pix of the sunset from far and wide and all over the world and realise how small this world really is! hugThis EA thread is just such a shining example of that. I love it and I love all of you, too.

Muddy: Love the flicker and the finchLeft thumb up

Lori: Spankin' Grody & Scooty Clapping

Iona: Kudos for the most determined and amazing chuppup ever. ( You are a tie for " woman of the year" with "Nanc" IMHO.)

Kat and Lance: Oh! I hope I can get to see some highlights from the show today so I can see what I missed. But we are all certainly in agreement............you and elbowman/lance are " drumroll" and ClappingLeft thumb up:" the couple of the year."

Now..........about our beloved BJ Bubba Jean.........There is NO way anyone can convince me, with some compassion and kindness and effort from the " powers that be" this could not have had a better outcome for her. There are wildlife sanctuaries and wildlife refuges and at the very least zoos all over the world, too, ......just gimme a break. I am so sorry for you Nanc who knew her and foresaw and anticipated the worst and are bearing the brunt of this tragedy while dealing with your own personal hurdles. You are absolutely right......it is us humans who killed her. We all share the responsibilty and bear the shame. I still can't believe it.

Out till tomorrow luvies. It's Christmas Day at my house tomorrow.............Nodding yesHelp emo

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: MayLine (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 11:00 PM EST  
MayLine

Merry Christmas, elle... Am I the first to say that to you for 2011? Titter Hope your turkey turns out beautifully. I'm sure you are a most gracious hostess and that your guests will have a wonderful time. Bon Appetit!
sleepy Good night to one and all Red Heart

ETA:Kat, the footsie pic is hilarious - whatever are those? Tights? Socks? I need some of those.... Green LOL
BTW, fireworks went off as planned two times during the evening here in Denver. We could not see them from our house, however.......

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."
William Shakespeare

Dede
Joined HWF: April 2009

Forum

Denver, Colorado

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:20 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate