Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2011
 |  Printable Version
By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 01:17 PM EST  
nonniejean8

wave Scott & Judy…Hope you’re both enjoying your day.

Hey, Sue…You’re welcome for the rooster, also the BB Cam & Brooks/Dunn links.
I didn’t watch the bear cam much last den season…so I’m not familiar with best times to go there. Have about decided we will see much more during the dark time hours when the infrared light is on. Is that when you visit the site?
WOW…what a huge brood of turkeys…I also counted 40. :blink:
Are the kitties afraid of them when they’re that size?

wave Iona…You’re welcome for starting the days.
I can’t believe you went back that far to do chuppup, GF! Phew
When I get behind...and it's very easy to do that...I usually just start with the new day page. hug

Hi, Linda…You’re welcome for the Bear cam link.
Enjoy your walk…and I love your 2011 motto. Smile

wave Elle…The media here also recognize the 1st baby born in our county each new year.
The date 1/1/11 will be a neat one…also coming up later 1/11/11 & 11/11/11.
Look forward to seeing your cardinal in the snow picture.

Red Heart Lori Red Heart…OMG...no way any of us wanted to believe that had happened.
Your memorial card for B.J. is beautiful…but oh so very, very sad the need for one. Sad

Red Heart Nanc Red Heart hug Red Heart NestMates Red Heart hug

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 01:20 PM EST  
AnniesKatz

Well gosh, I came to read between commericals in the Rose Parade (beautiful) and feel such heartbreak that BJ was put down. Tears sprang to my eyes and the knot in my stomach won't go away. :cry1: It is beyond me WHY they couldn't find a better solution than destroying this beautiful animal. Nanc, Thank you for bringing BJ to us all this time....I'm going to really miss your visits & photos of her.
I'm sorry to start my post this way, but animal lovers that we are, I bet I'm not the only one feeling sad. Thanks Lori for the explanation.

I'll be back later.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 01:30 PM EST  
yalitldevl

{{{{{{{{{Nestlings}}}}}}}}}} hug

I told Nanc I wasn't going to post the card last night. Then this morning I struggled over whether to post it today or not after having a horribly restless night. I decided I would to spare Nanc as you guys were struggling with whether they did or didn't put her down. I as all of us am very, very angry about it Mad and more than sad but it's done and nothing can change that.

Today is Kat and Lance's day, Wub it's about celebrating and partying with them so I hope we can all shake this off till at least after the party for them then we can vent our rage as we see fit. I feel responsible to say this since it was I that posted the card and note.

Let's all get ourselves wound up to parrrtaaayyy Click on image to download

I hope nobody looked like this, this morning Green LOL

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Iona (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 01:40 PM EST  
Iona

Hi All Back for another round of KP. 12/23/10

Morning back at ya Jean.

Hi Naoma

Hi Sue

Hi Elle My decorations this year is a poinsettia, and my Easter Cactus is blooming. I usually put up my 3ft tree, but Kitty lays, on the rolltop desk, to look out the window, right where I set the tree. David & I didn’t have any kids, so no one to decorate for anyway.

Hi Linda Where’s Tonto & Scout?

PJ Awe to COTD

Judy I sure hope I wished you a Happy Birthday. Sorry if I didn’t. Things are pretty hectic. You got some great cards.

CK That peony is the same color as mine is.

Hi Karen I think I’ll pass on the swimming. Thanks anyway HeHe.

Lori The waterfall Is almost non-exiting in that pict.

PJ I hope things turn out okay for the family’s that have lost their homes. Thank you for doing what you can to help them.

Hi Anna.

CK & SM Love your decorations.

Hi Annie Hope things work out okay for the families who lost their homes, and thanks for helping where you can with fund raisers. I’m glad you didn’t have much damage.

Starr Love that Eagle video.

Lori Thank you so much for your thoughts, and they are so true. We are a great group.

Hi Candy Great to see you.

Hi Donna Thanks for stopping in. Great pict.

HI Mary Thanks for the TSO video. Welcome anytime.

Lori Thanks for going over to help your neighbor at this time. Enjoy dinner.

Hey Scott

Hi Doreen Thanks for stopping in

HI Nanc

Hi Bev Thanks for stopping in.

Lori Love the puppy in Santa’s sack

Elle Nice decorations. Enjoy your party & time off. Thanks for the hummer video & the puppies.

Kathy Love the puppy Christmas eve card. Cute comic.

Judy Thanks for the sleigh arrival

Starr Thanks for the beautiful card. Silent Night was awesome. Beautiful poem.

Woooooooooooohooooooooooooooo Made it to Jean’s Christmas Eve Greeting. BRB

Chardon Ohio
35 miles south east of Cleveland

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: txelements (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 01:44 PM EST  
txelements

:hello:.......To All & the beautiful new year

I didn't see many fireworks here; maybe people had less to spend after Christmas. Jean, how about you, see anything in the metroplex?

Sure did see a lot of pretty ones at EA and loved them all. Thank You

Scott......the Vaughn/King show was one i recorded in Dec. Smile
The music was great of course and made even better by the interactions & banter between the two.
The dandelion seems to like any season. Smile

Lori........I got hooked on the 3 stooges too. I especially thought of you during the lst 3 min. of Cookoo Cavaliers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-tl0I1WdtY

I think those in charge of making decisions about BJ need to look up the definition of "Reserve".

Thinking of you all.......catch you later.

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 01:55 PM EST  
elle

That is just the worst news to start the New Year. This should be brought to national attention. It is absolutely senseless and heartbreaking. They have no right as far as I am concerned

I won't be at the show today. My beloved number one and only son is moving today of all days and needs a bit of help. But perhaps it is an auspicious day for him, too, and hopefully a new beginning for him as well. Day one!

Also M-I-L visit. She is lingering. More and more emaciated and more and more senseless, too.

And tomorrow is Christmas Dinner at elle and Ian's Roll eyes I have to say I ain't into it now and just want to take down all the decorations and move on, but the turkey breast is thawing in the fridge and the guests are invited. So...........gotta do it.

But I send my love and hugs and kisses to Kat and Lance and wish them all the best. I wonder when the wedding will be???????????? An auspicious day???

Out

P.S. Good point about " reserve", Naoma!

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 02:24 PM EST  
yalitldevl

wooooooohooooooo I beat you to the card Sue!! Wooh I see I beat Donna too to that one. Usually it's the other way around. Yeah that's right about them adjusting the cam, I remember reading that now. Skunkguy is going again week after next so the eagles will be getting another pile to munch down. This time I'll take nose plugs and a barf bag. Ohhhh man that's funny about hubby. Now you see with BFF. That's cute though and as Linda (I think) said, the day will come soon enough when running around isn't an option so I'm glad you guys are out and about doing stuff. I loved the kitty pics!

Happy New Year {{{{Iona}}}} love I'm glad you liked all the 'stuff' I posted while you were doing your red stuff. I see you're clipping right along and getting lots of typing practice. Watch you don't get 'too much' practice on your wrists! How are things going for you?

hahaaa Tx!! I could have used that clothespin day before yesterday!! Right now I'm watching the one I think you put a link to a while ago with them doing the alphabet in the classroom

ohhh man good luck with the move and xmas dinner tomorrow Elle

{{{{Jean}}}} thanks for kick off and scaps and your notes GF

thanks so much Linda for our beautiful BOTD! Ohhhh now that's a good idea doing the link. That's way easier for sure and will work just fine! 10,000 pts for using your thinking cap hehe. Sorry about work and missing the show today my friend. I hope work goes well

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: grateful (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 02:27 PM EST  
grateful

Hello Everyone!!! :hello:

As sad as I am about BJ (and mad) the county really had not much choice. I am wayyyyyyyyy more angry at anyone who approached that gator to get "closer" to a real live alligator. Rant: They are the people who really caused all this. Once a gator gets used to people they become VERY dangerous. Normally they move away from people, but she had stopped doing that and was sunning on the bank often even though people were around. I think I knew somewhere down deep that this could only end one way. Many of us had talked about someone was going to get hurt or killed by BJ because so many were invading her space. Most of us who loved BJ are angry at people and not the solution. That unfortunately was not an unexpected solution, just an awful one. I hate it. To put her somewhere else probably would not work since gators are territorial. I don't know what the solution should be once they lose the fear of people. Maybe this will help educate people to leave animals alone. The school classes that come through will learn what the cost is to the animal through poor judgement of individuals.

Can't wait for the show so that we can CELEBRATE with Kat and Lance. Woohoooooo!

Nancy

Forum

Lakeland, FL

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:40 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate