You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Daily Beat
 |  Printable Version
By: Janet Krupa (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 01:04 PM EST  
Janet Krupa

Hi Elainewave

Neat site. There were 3 types of birds (and a bug, too), who landed on the feeder while I watched. Smile

You are right - sound would be nice. Nodding yes

I was just chuckling to myself - if I put bananas on our bird feeders the birds would have to like frozen bananas Titter

Gotta go - take care and have a super day.

Jan wave

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 01:21 PM EST  
elainemyrkle

Jan, wave

Well I just discovered if you look to the left and click on observatorio II it brings up a whole lot of hummingbirds. Wow!!!! I've never seen so many at one time.

Elaine

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 01:23 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Good Morning!

Vicki -I also really like the garlic flower you posted. I would never have thought such a pretty flower would have a name like that!! Does it smell bad??

Elaine - I had done two very short videos of Spooky in the tap when she was about 9 months old, and I was learning to do videos with my camera. I'm still not good at that believe me!!! Anyway, I'll give you the links.

Spooky, Part One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8LYIt1WDxI" rel="nofollow">Spooky Part Two

She is still very curious about water and jumps up as soon as she hears a tap on Rolling on floor laughing

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 02:06 PM EST  
elainemyrkle

Oh Velma, Spooky is such a cutie. love Those videos are so cool to watch. I have never had a cat do that before. Boy, my cats would just love looking out your kitchen window. They do have two windows in our front room, but not with that big of a ledge to sit on. That's where they do all their bird watching. Titter

Elaine

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Janet Krupa (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM EST  
Janet Krupa

Velma - those videos of Spooky are precious. Nodding yes Can't you just read her thoughts? She KNOWS where that water went - but how to get at it now! LOL LOL

Thanks for sharing.

Have a super day.

Janwave

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 03:47 PM EST  
MaryF

I have several ceiling to floor windows with wide sills. Thst's where the fab four watch the world. The sills are quite scratched but that's life with kitties!Whistling They also like the bottom 4 small windows in the french door to the back yard. Sometimes we have a kitty face at each little window.

Velma...Spooky is too funny!

Elaine....None of my cats actually like the water but Tygrr-Lily drinks her water from her paw. She dips it in the water, scoops up a bit, and licks it off her paw!! I've been told that Egyptian Maus do that. Looking at her coat patterns I think she may have some of that cat mixed with her Siamese!

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: Janet Krupa (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 04:12 PM EST  
Janet Krupa

Quote by: elainemyrkle

Jan, wave

Well I just discovered if you look to the left and click on observatorio II it brings up a whole lot of hummingbirds. Wow!!!! I've never seen so many at one time.

Elaine

Elaine, I found the hummers...and others! I can also hear sound on that link. There are people in the background, making noises - I suspect this is in an observatory - and these creatures are safe from harm's way. I've never seen so many hummingbirds at the same time, either!!! Oh My

Thanks.

Jan wave

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Thursday, January 28 2010 @ 07:53 AM EST  
elainemyrkle

Good Morning Everyone, wavewave

Oh boy, one more day and it's Friday. Clapping

Mary~~~Well, come to think of it, I did have a kitty that would dip her paw in the water to drink. Not all the time but I did see her do it a number of times. Oh, how well I know about scratched wood around the house. Whistling The two boys I have now pretty much use the scratching post, but boy do I have the scratches from all the previous cats I've had. Oh My And then there was my first cat (Kooky) that just loved all my husband's recliners. (EEK) But hey, that's the price we must pay for loving them so much. Nodding yes

Jan~~~I'm just going to have to try that site again today and see if I can hear anything. Those hummers were just so much fun to watch. Did you see all those bees? They didn't seem to be bothering the hummers that I could see. Puzzled

Hope to catch everyone later. Have a good day. wave

Elaine

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:42 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate