Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Daily Beat
 |  Printable Version
By: Janet Krupa (offline) on Tuesday, January 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM EST  
Janet Krupa

Elaine: that video is so cute: gives a whole new meaning to 'water massage' doesn't it? LOL and yes...EEK!

I love the picture of the corny chicken! She definitely knows what she wants!

Sorry, Mary, to read of your cat allergies. I love kitties (that's why we feed the wild ones who are outside the house), but we have a grandson who is really allergic - just say the word cat and he seems to puff up and have difficulty breathing.

Cindy: I hope you are feeling better. Heard you were getting wind etc. in the PNW

Vicki: Love the pics of the Nightingale and the conch shells. That must also be some interesting parrot. Now about your roses! I'm a little sensitive in that area (LOL LOL LOL) - MY roses grow almost as tall as the bottom of the window ledge, in the summertime! (Isn't that just too funny?) I cut them down in the fall - and then pile snow on top of them as mother nature permits. The one closest to where I sit at my window is over 25 years old. It is so pretty - a pink, kind of the same colour as the one you sent pics of. Only, it is a different shape flower. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, Velma, for helping me with the picture issue.

Have a super day all,

Jan wave

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Tuesday, January 26 2010 @ 02:13 PM EST  
Velma Flann

you are more than welcome Jan!! Anytime.

Elaine - love the kitten video Green LOL My Spooky likes water as well, and plays with it from the kitchen tap. However, thankfully, she has not put her whole head in!!! She can make enough mess with just her paws!!!! When she was little, we had to make sure that the bathroom doors were closed or that the lids were down :blink: She always tried to reach the water, and I was afraid she would fall in, and not be able to get out again!!!!!

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Tuesday, January 26 2010 @ 06:22 PM EST  
vickrb

Good evening my friends. Janet, I will look forward to a picture of your roses in full bloom. Not bragging of course, but here is apicture of the front of my house and you can see the roses growing up above the eaves. The third picture is of of a flowering Garlic Vine, one of my favorite of all the blossoms.
Click on image to download

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Tuesday, January 26 2010 @ 06:52 PM EST  
MaryF

Vicki...That flowering garlic is just gorgeous!! Do you have many bugs on your island paradise that bother your plants?

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: jwnix (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 03:26 AM EST  
jwnix

NOR am I !!! this is probably the 2nd game I've watched in maybe 10 years!!!

For whomever is allergic to a particular cat, i learned if I bathed the cat AND was careful to not touch my face/eyes after petting them.....it made being with the cat much more tolerable. eventually I build up resistance to the which was helpful as I had to quit bathing one of them. seems its something in their dried saliva that is the allergen for many....

jwnix ~
I am not an avid football game viewer, but I did watch parts of both play-off games yesterday; good games! Nodding yes It should prove to be a nice pairing for the Superbowl. The boost in the economy will be nice for the area as well I'm sure.... Left thumb up
]

jwnix
Black Bear Conservation Coalition www.bbcc.org

Forum

Profile     PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM EST  
elainemyrkle

Good Morning Everyone, wavewave

Jan~~~Wow!!! 25 years for your rose bush. Clapping That's pretty good there. I know my older sister has had some of her's for quite some time. They never get real big either. Probably due to our cold weather and short growing season. :dunno: I'm sure I have never seen anything like Vicki's rose bushes here in Michigan. Ok, now where's that NO NO button? I also miss that one. Rolling on floor laughing

Velma~~~Spooky sounds like a little stinker. Titter I never had a cat that liked water. We did have a cat (my daughter's) that jumped in the bath tub with her. Surprised my daughter and surprised her kitty. That poor thing jumped out as fast as she could, never to do that again.

Vicki~~~Well I'd be bragging my socks off if I had flowers like that. Nodding yes Just beautiful. I have never, ever seen rose bushes that big. Does that Garlic Vine have any scent to it? It just can't be a garlic smell for such a pretty flower. Puzzled I'm wondering how it got it's name.

Mary~~~Good question about the bugs. Left thumb up Does any of your cats like the water? Puzzled

Jwnix~~~I'm sure we'll be watching the superbowl. I usually turn over the big TV to my husband for that. Nodding yes I'll be rooting for the Saints. Nodding yes It's a lot more fun to watch if you have a team to root for.

Cindy~~~I also hope you're feeling better. Rest up girl as spring is coming and we'll have some eagles to watch. And some great friends to talk to also. Nodding yes

Well, I guess I had better get back to work, not that I really want to. sigh sign

Have a good one.
Elaine

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Janet Krupa (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 09:48 AM EST  
Janet Krupa

Mornin' everyone wave

I love your posts - and vicki! What gorgeous flowers/plants. I have never heard of a garlic vine. Is it something that grows in your area, only?

Elaine - your sister sounds like she has a bit of a green thumb. I'm not a gardener, so have no idea how/why the rose is doing so well. (I do talk to the darned thing, though!) LOL And, a lady who used to give gardening tips on a radio show I listened to, would always say, 'water, water, water' and fertilize. So, I try that.

I don't watch football or any sports - that's hubby's job. And, while he's watching the tellie I sew. Keeps me on the 'straight and narrow' LOL.

I sure hope Cindy is feeling much, much better - we need her here.

Gotta go - have a lovely day, all.

Jan wave

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 12:57 PM EST  
elainemyrkle

Hi Jan, wave

Had a little bit of time and thought I would copy a link to a cam that I have been watching for the past few minutes. Seems to be a lot of bird activity and some bees or bugs also. Puzzled
I just wish it had some sound to it.

http://www.ornithos.com.br/

Elaine

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:49 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate