The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Daily Beat
 |  Printable Version
By: vickrb (offline) on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 10:44 AM EST  
vickrb

What a way to starat the day.

We just had a 5.8 earthquake. All is fine and no-one hurt. No buildings damaged that I know of so far. As I was on the 3rd floor in town we got out fast. The filing cabinet bounced across the floor into my chair and scared the sh___ out of me for sure. We all got out and I moved my car which was next to the 5 story building. They decided to let us go home until the check the building out. So I am at home. Want to end this in case we lose Internet connections.

More later, but know we are fine. In 2004 we had one at 6.7 so this was less than that. I was so scared!!!!!!!!!!!! WE all had Haiti on our mind I am sure. This one was 40 miles off our Capital. Too close for me.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 11:09 AM EST  
elainemyrkle

Jan~~~Yeah, I also need a Pete & Bobcat fix as well as hearing from our Cindy. Hope your day is going well for you. Mine seems to be pretty busy for a Tuesday. :dunno:

Vicki~~~My Gosh!!!Oh My That's terrible news to hear from you. You'll never know how glad I am for you posting that your ok. Smile I had already been to your news sight earlier this morning and didn't see anything of your quake. It's in there now, by golly and I'm so relieved that you posted before I had read that. :whew: That would have scared the you know what out of me too. We'll be anxiously awaiting more from you. Stay safe. I can't even imagine what that would have felt like.

Elaine

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Janet Krupa (offline) on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 11:24 AM EST  
Janet Krupa

Quote by: elainemyrkle

Jan~~~Yeah, I also need a Pete & Bobcat fix as well as hearing from our Cindy. Hope your day is going well for you. Mine seems to be pretty busy for a Tuesday. :dunno:

Vicki~~~My Gosh!!!Oh My That's terrible news to hear from you. You'll never know how glad I am for you posting that your ok. Smile I had already been to your news sight earlier this morning and didn't see anything of your quake. It's in there now, by golly and I'm so relieved that you posted before I had read that. :whew: That would have scared the you know what out of me too. We'll be anxiously awaiting more from you. Stay safe. I can't even imagine what that would have felt like.

Elaine

Elaine - I concur. vicki, please stay safe. I am sorry to hear of the quake in your area. My goodness! How scary!!
I had not heard of any bad weather news of your area - this is the first. I am keeping my prayers working for all of you and for your safety.
Jan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 08:35 PM EST  
vickrb

Well, things have settled down and there have been no aftershocks that goodness. That is always the worry. I did not like that I am on the third floor of a relatively unsecure building. My filing cabinet (4 drawers) bounced across the floor up to the back of my chair and scared me you can believe. It blocked my way and i had to climb over it and the desk to get out. Don't PanicDon't Panic Did not take me long to find the first floor and fresh air. :eek: FIrst thing I did was move my car which I park against the building. After about 15 min. my boss said we should all go for about 3 hours until the check the building. I went back to work about 1:30. Ornaments down at home,but only in the living room not the bedroom or kitchen, but only one broke. pattio chairs were upturned and that was about all. :whew:

I along with a few others actually heard it coming and we thought it was a plane that missed the airport (they fly right over us). I am too old for these kinds of scares. I am certain my white hair just got whiter. Not a bad color really Rolling on floor laughing

Thank you for caring and I appreciate that. It is good to have friends out there for sure. No property damaged and no-one hurt. Just one sink hole in a condo property - 300ft x 200 ft. Looks like a crater.

I am very tired and going to bed. I will check in tomorrow night and then I am of for 5 days. Took two days vacation as a friend is coming from New York and Monday is a holiday here. Lucky me. :clap2:Left thumb up

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 08:44 AM EST  
elainemyrkle

Good Morning Everyone, wavewave

Jan~~~I did contact Cindy yesterday by pm. She will be posting again as soon as she can. :grin: Thinking of you and hope your day goes well for you. Don't you be working too hard.

Cindy also wants me to tell everyone "Hi". wave

Vicki~~~I just can't begin to think how scary that would have been. Especially when I look at my four drawer filing cabinet sitting not too far away from me. Let me tell you, those things are not light weight to be bouncing around. 8O I did get a look at that sink hole you were talking about.
Here's hoping you got a restful night's sleep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IckMcXbJNmw

Well, these aren't kitty cats, but gee, they're cute anyway.

Wishing everyone a happy day. Byebye

Elaine

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: cindymorris (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 09:43 AM EST  
cindymorris

wave

I am hoping that this is going to work....:huh:
It took me quite some time to figure out how to get here Don't Panic, but wanted to try before I head off to work....

I've missed everyone, and hope to have enough energy pretty soon to be back to all the things I enjoy; especially the forum! I've missed all of you! Smile

I haven't taken any new photos of the 'beast's' since Christmas Sad so guess I better get busy with that as well ... but they are doing well....

I did take BobCat to the vet on Monday, and he has developed a heart murmur :huh: but the vet said nothing to worry about as of yet ..Smileneedless to say, he got a little extra 'treat' when we got home .... poor little guy was terrified while there ... he isn't much on 'strangers' ....

Will try my best to stop in again soon .... thanks so much for the concern on my whereabouts Thank You .... just been attempting to follow doctor's orders and so now all I do is go to work and then come home and resume 'the couch potato' pose ...Mad Don't like it, but I want to feel 100% again as soon as possible so am 'trying' to do as told ... Roll eyes

Have a great day everyone ....
wave

Resolve to be tender with the young;
Compassionate with the aged;Sympathetic with the striving;
And tolerant of the weak and wrong.
Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Have a wonderful day!
Cindy AKA - kringlecat

Forum

Pacific Northwest

Profile Email   PM

By: Janet Krupa (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 10:11 AM EST  
Janet Krupa

Good morning everyone wave
Vicki - I am SO relieved to know you are ok and that it was mostly 'stuff' that was re-arranged.
It's YOU we worry about and thank you for letting us know you are safe.

Cindy - thanks for writing. You are right, this new forum is a little different, for sure - but we'll figure it all out in due course.
Sorry to hear about Pete's murmur - our little poodle had that too - but he actually lasted quite awhile and gave us such pleasure. You are right about them not liking the vet office. They sure don't care for the place, do they? And, they are soooo relieved when you get back in the car and head for home. Oh, those days... I DO remember, so well....

Elaine - hello and I hope you don't have too stressful a day at work today. We had hoar frost here yesterday morning and again this morning. There is a weather 'inverson' right now - foggy at times in the evening and all night.

Take care all - have a nice day.

Jan wave

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: cindymorris (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 11:27 AM EST  
cindymorris

Okay....FINALLY Don't Panic found my way back again....

I need to figure out :helpsos: how to get an avatar on this new forum.....

I'm posting again to see if the signature is on there now ....

Morning Jan!!
Yes, I wasn't happy to hear that my little BobCat had the murmur....:huh: but the new vet said it wasn't 'real bad'.... to me, anything with the heart isn't good.....Sad I actually had a dog that had a heart attack...he took digitalis everyday thereafter and lived to be about 16, so I'm being optimistic....Smile

I just heard that there was another sizable quake in Haiti 8O8O They said no further injuries, but it sure is frightening those poor people even more.... Our sons' father in law is there with FEMA ... he said it is still chaotic, but a bit better everyday .... hopefully this will not cause even more panic ..... unbelievable conditions Sad from what he has told his wife ....

Well, off to work.... :dry:

Everyone have a good Wednesday!

Resolve to be tender with the young;
Compassionate with the aged;Sympathetic with the striving;
And tolerant of the weak and wrong.
Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Have a wonderful day!
Cindy AKA - kringlecat

Forum

Pacific Northwest

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:54 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate